Is "Wee Jimmy" still with Carnival, which ship?

I'm so happy to see that he's still around! We kept comparing Jen Baxter to him this past week. Both fantastic CDs, but he was more corny, which I love! She's definitely giving him a run for his money though! Fingers crossed one of the two of them will be on the cruise I'm planning for November 2014 :D

• 1 year later...
A few years ago Wee Jimmy was our cruise director on the Freedom, and we'd love to sail with him again. Only thing is we don't remember his full name, so we can't check the CD schedule to see if he's still with Carnival. Can anyone tell us his last name?

Yes, it's Ralph Valente, and today is his birthday.

Had read that he was going to be on the Freedom until after it relocates to TX and then Jen Baxter would be returning. It seems like she gets mixed reviews on the boards, but I have only read 1 bad posting about Wee Jimmy. Looking forward to our cruise with him in a few weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

He (Wee Jimmy) has been on so many ships in the last decade, he must be the fill-in CD, the poor schmuck that never gets the good vacation time off because always filling in for someone who IS getting the good time off...

Truth be told, if I was a CD, I'd much prefer hopping from boat to boat, if for no other reason than a change of scenery. Surely it beats being assigned to the same "building" week after week after week after week.

He'll be on the Breeze Christmas cruise, looking forward to meeting him.

Edited by styxfire

My apologies, after look at John Heald's blog, I realize all the CD's are bumped around from ship to ship. Interesting career.

Wee Jimmy will be on Breeze a month, then a month break, then to Magic.

I see that Jamie Dee has an upcoming stint as CD for almost 3 months. Surely they must get some time off during a run that long! Wonder how they handle the substitutions?

ralph valente... And according to the schedule on john heald's blog, he is back on the sensation at the end of april and is scheduled there all year except for a time in nov/dec.

He was the assistant cd (or whatever it's called) on my first (and last) cruise in 2004 and i still remember him! He was a blast :)

~katy

you poor thing. You have not cruised in over 10 years ?

He will be on the Breeze in December for my NYE cruise.

I've said with Butch twice and Matt, hope he is a good as they say!

We sailed on the Conquest during Halloween and believe me, he was awesome. Probably the best CD that we've cruised with.