Legend-3/17 Photo Review

Danacat222

Love your review. We had a great time on the Legend a couple of years ago.

I really commented to say I loved Nachi Cocom so much. My favorite cruise day. I saw the picture of the guacamole and salsa and my mouth watered. I just about licked that plate it was so good. Yummmmm :D:eek:

Thanks for posting!

Love your review. We had a great time on the Legend a couple of years ago.

I really commented to say I loved Nachi Cocom so much. My favorite cruise day. I saw the picture of the guacamole and salsa and my mouth watered. I just about licked that plate it was so good. Yummmmm :D:eek:

Thanks for posting!

I know, that salsa, oh my...the guacamole was so creamy and yummy, Nachi Cocum was really the highlight of our trip, we just had such a fun day, it was wonderful, i love that place!

Wednesday brought us to Belize...Mom and I had NO PLANS for the day; you know there is a lot to be heard and read about when it comes to Belize, good and bad, so we just decided to approach the day by taking things as we go..no rush, no hurry, maybe go ashore, maybe not, we'll see.

So we arrived so to speak, and started off the day with breakfast up at the buffet. Again, we loved the fruit, and not one time did we have to wait longer that a few minutes at the omelet stop for freshly prepared eggs. The young man was very attentive to my Mom making sure her medium-well fried eggs were cooked exactly as she wished even without her having to ask, i so wish i had gotten his name.

DSC00674-vi.jpg

After eating we went outside to have a look at a few ships that were anchoring and many of the tenders that were already on standby.

DSC00676-vi.jpg

DSC00181-vi.jpg

DSC00683-vi.jpg

DSC00686-vi.jpg

DSC00691-vi.jpg

This was also a good time to hang out on Serenity for a little while because no one was around.

DSC00689-vi.jpg

So the tendering process....there were NO ANNOUNCEMENTS that WE could hear, about tendering starting. This was polar opposite of what I had experienced on Pride. Once we decided [pretty early] with certainty that we were going to get off the ship and go into port, the tendering was already beginning, some for specific excursions and a line for those not going on a tendering excursion. We knew where to go to tender, and we knew where to go to get a tender sticker, but there was NO MENTION of those who had purchased Faster to the Fun. Sorry FTTF Bashers but not one time did I get in front of or prevent a Diamond/VIP cruiser from benefiting from his/her status. Anyway, we ended up having Bruce the Comedy Club manager help out and we were soon on our way on a tender...

DSC00708-vi.jpg

The water was very pretty and pretty fairly calm...

DSC00707-vi.jpg

Once we made it to the dock, we were surprised bu the cute little shops.

DSC00709-vi.jpg

DSC00716-vi.jpg

Just want to say I'm loving your review! I've done this same itinerary on the Legend and you're bringing back great memories. We're doing the western again on the Glory later this month and are going to Nachi for the first time- your pics are making me so excited!! :)

My favorite shop was ... Made in Belize! I bought several little souvineers to carry back for friends and coworkers and everyone has raved about what they got. It's a neat little gift shop.

DSC00720-vi.jpg

DSC00721-vi.jpg

And then came the rum cake and hot sauce place...I was sucked in by the sample of rum cake but only walked away stocked up on some seriously hot sauces, I love the "Hot Mama's Sweet Pepper Sauce. "

DSC00722-vi.jpg

After visiting many shops and just wandering around a little bit we wanted to at least have a taste of a local beverage, so we stopped in at the bar right at the dock and had a rum punch and Belikin.

DSC00727-vi.jpg

DSC00731-vi.jpg

DSC00733-vi.jpg

Just want to say I'm loving your review! I've done this same itinerary on the Legend and you're bringing back great memories. We're doing the western again on the Glory later this month and are going to Nachi for the first time- your pics are making me so excited!! :)

You are going to love Nachi Cocum, i will soon be posting some pics of Glory, which was in Roatan with us :) and also because Glory arrived after us we got a few extra hours there, *yeah for Glory* !

Thank you so much Danacat. I am loving reading your thoughts and seeing your fabulous pictures.

My sister and I leave for Glory on April 28 and this helping pass the time IMMENSELY :D

I have yet to fully unpack, can i come with you? lol Pics of Glory coming soon! I hope you have a fab cruise!

DSC00730-vi.jpg

DSC00740-vi.jpg

On the tender back to the ship, which we did not have to wait in line for and we only had to wait about 15 minutes for the tender to actually leave for the ship, one of the guys working the tender offered to take a good shot of the ship from the front of the tender, he actually went out of the seating area onto the front of the boat, what a character, he told me how heavily they rely on the ships and how they had missed the Legend the previous week ... i tipped him a few bucks because when he was out taking that picture i was worried he was going to get thrown off the boat because the wind was picking up and the tender was rocking.

DSC00196-vi.jpg

DSC00746-vi.jpg

I was able to get a few so-so pics myself...

DSC00755-vi.jpg

DSC00756-vi.jpg

Once back on the ship, we decided to try to chase the shade...there was none to be found on Serenity, so we landed at the main pool. There is a DJ at the pool and this one particular DJ eas not very good...sorry but he did little to drum up a crowd or entice people to dance or have fun. I also thought he was talking to himself quite a bit, lol. I have a feeling maybe he was new?

DSC00201-vi.jpg

DSC00760-vi.jpg

I asked Mom if it was just me and was he talking to himself, Mom said maybe I had a few too many drinks because i kept asking her, Then we realized we were only drinking water.

Time for a drink....

DSC00768-vi.jpg

DSC00205-vi.jpg

So, this afternoon the DJ was a bust, but we did enjoy our drinks and people watching.

After enjoying shopping in Belize and spending time on lido, we showered and changed and were on our way to dinner.

This Wednesday night we had a much better dining experience service-wise, Enrico was our head waiter and Hadi was our other waiter, i just loved Hadi, he had the most sincere and kind smile. Everyone who attended to us smiles, said hello, asked us about how our day was and asked if we were going OK during the mealtime.

DSC00774-vi.jpg

Mom had shrimp cocktail for her appetizer while i had the fruit...

DSC00206-vi.jpg

DSC00775-vi.jpg

We both decided to have the skirt steak from the every day menu...mine was cooked perfectly medium-rare, Mom ordered hers the same way and felt it was over cooked but she said it was still really good.

DSC00779-vi.jpg

In Truffles we were approached by a bar waiter to buy shots each night, we did indulge a few times, but it became frustrating when the shot was something that we really did not want and we were practically begged to buy them. Anyhow, we do have a few Carnival Souvenir shot glasses.

DSC00210-vi.jpg

Next was dessert

Bitter and Blanc...woo hoo! It was oh good! I think it really was my favorite dessert of the entire cruise. It was so rich i could not eat it all but oh so good it was.

DSC00783-vi.jpg

Mom had the Tiramisu and said it was really good.

DSC00784-vi.jpg

You can absolutely come with us. The more the merrier ;)

I am waiting to start packing. We normally to travel to AI in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico and I always put off packing. It seems to make the last week fly by when I'm scrambling to remember where exactly I put the bottles of sunscreen, lol.

After dinner we made our way to Firebird Lounge for Superstar Live Karaoke. Did I mention that i really love that lounge? I just love the colors and theme.

DSC00789-vi.jpg

DSC00791-vi.jpg

So...this bunch of folks in front of us were majorly into karaoke. Unfortunately they were also incredibly rude. If the performer was not from their group, they talked and talked through the performance of whomever was singing. I can't understand how the karaoke hostess [and backup singer] tolerated it. The karaoke hostess thought one of the gals in the rude talker group was exceptionally good and told everyone she was going to be in the Legends show on the last night, so maybe that is why she gave them a pass but i thought they were horribly rude, and it got worse when one of them almost knocked my mom over in the isles of the Follies before the "Justin Illusion" show. She literally smashed into Mom and she almost went down, the girl, she did not say one word to my Mom, no excuse me, sorry, nothing.

DSC00788-vi.jpg

Here is my special drink :D and Mom's ...shoot, can't remember what she had...the drinks were very good in Firebird! Aside from the rude talking group, some of the people who sang did a great job and it was very entertaining.

DSC00796-vi.jpg

After Firebird, there was a Super Mega deck party to start so we thought we would check it out...

it started off pretty slow, the DJ from earlier in the day was back and he just was not entertaining...

DSC00805-vi.jpg

DJ made a lot more effort when the entertainment crew arrived...

DSC00222-vi.jpg

Mom was having fun watching some of the kids dance, there were a few super entertaining kids on this cruise!

DSC00810-vi.jpg

We both loved the Assistant Cruise Director (Steve, from Ireland, who was always getting picked on when he would say "Thirty", lol)

DSC00812-vi.jpg

After a while it was time to turn in, big day ahead in Roatan!

DSC00817-vi.jpg

We woke approaching Roatán, the sky was amazing and seeing the colorful buidings at Mahogany Bay was just such a nice way to start a beautiful morning.

DSC00819-vi.jpg

DSC00820-vi.jpg

DSC00821-vi.jpg

Here comes Glory...Thank you Carnival Glory, because of you, we had nearly 2 extra hours in this beautiful port. We got the announcement the evening before, and it in no way impacted our arrival time for Costa Maya the next day.

DSC00823-vi.jpg

DSC00827-vi.jpg

We had a nice breakfast, once again there was virtually no wait for fresh omelets, in fact we never really had a line for anything the entire cruise. I think timing is everything. We rose early most mornings and I guess we just beat the crowds.

DSC00828-vi.jpg

Orange and grapefruit ...

DSC00829-vi.jpg

Mom loves Eggs Benedict and saw it on the buffet and just had to have it, i warned her to expect it to not be very good, but she said surprisingly it was very good.

DSC00830-vi.jpg

After breakfast we headed off the ship for a very wonderful day!

DSC00233-vi.jpg

DSC00847-vi.jpg

DSC00848-vi.jpg

The first part of the day was a pre-planned Carnival Excursion at Anthony's Key Resort. We wanted to have a dolphin encounter but we were reluctant to go to a place that was overly commercialized and we were hoping for something educational, too. Our excursion group met near the port, we were given color coded wristbands and had to fill out and turn in waivers at one of the little shops. After a short wait we were walked to our "bus" and we were on our way...

DSC00237-vi.jpg

DSC00864-vi.jpg

DSC00867-vi.jpg

We were walked through a path and then we went to take a short boat ride to the area where we would be having our dolphin experience...

DSC00869-vi.jpg

DSC00870-vi.jpg

DSC00879-vi.jpg

DSC00886-vi.jpg

There are lockers to put your belongings in, and after a short wait and an opportunity for participants to change clothes, we were asked to kindly wait for instructions from the trainers and we were split up into small groups.

Once in the water, which is waist deep and you enter the water from a beachy area, the trainer is waiting and introduced himself and our dolphin, her name was Fiona and she was about 7 years old.

The trainer first let us experience touching the dolphin a few times and getting familiar with the feel her skin, educating about how dolphins skin changes and molts. He then teaches a few hand signals that we were able to try out, he had her show off her speed and her sense of humor, too. There was a photographer in the water taking some random shots and then there were some posed photos with the dolphin. We were not permitted to use our own cameras during the main experience but we were allowed to bring cameras into the water towards the end to take our own pics.

DSC00890-vi.jpg

DSC00891-vi.jpg

DSC00894-vi.jpg

DSC00899-vi.jpg

DSC00900-vi.jpg

Loving the review and pics! Question though, what did Glory do that gave you 2 extra hours in Roatan?

To my knowledge Glory did nothing except be a larger ship than Legend...i can only speculate that it was because of the port accommodating the 2 ships and one ship being so much larger than Legend , maybe Glory had to dock at the outside dock because of its size thus Legend needing to dock first and having Glory block us in? Whatever the reason, poor us ;) When the captain made the announcement the evening before; we were out by the pool and I could not understand what he was saying other than that we would have about 2 extra hours there.

Archived