Legend-3/17 Photo Review

Danacat222

From one Dana to another, thanks for the great review! Your photos are beautiful :) I hope I have as much fun on my mother-daughter cruise this fall as you just had! Can't wait to read the rest of your review!

~Dana

Meet CoCo, she made me miss my dog, but it was nice to have her come and hang out, there were a few dogs, and a cat, living there.

DSC01250-vi.jpg

DSC01258-vi.jpg

DSC01275-vi.jpg

I loved their glassware, the drinks were very good but light on the liquor compared to Nachi Cocoum in Cozumel.

DSC01280-vi.jpg

DSC01295-vi.jpg

DSC01306-vi.jpg

There are showers and lockers, too..

DSC01332-vi.jpg

And they offer massage...

DSC01342-vi.jpg

DSC01338-vi.jpg

DSC00380-vi.jpg

DSC00381-vi.jpg

We departed from Maya Chan at about 2:15 Ship time, the weather was just starting to really get good, i can't complain at all about the weather, though. Instead of having a taxi come and get us, the Maya Chan staff took us back to the port area themselves, splitting us up into 2 groups and 2 vehicles carrying us on our way.

Bye Maya Chan, hope to visit you again one day.

DSC01351-vi.jpg

We made no waste of time getting back to the ship, it's a little nerve racking knowing you need to be back on board at a certain time, we did not want to be pier runners, lol.

DSC01352-vi.jpg

Once back on board we decided to find shade at the pool again.

DSC01357-vi.jpg

The DJ was on deck and he was playing great tunes and everyone was having fun and the kids on board were having a blast, it was a really fun time. This kid in particular was entertaining everyone! We saw him perform at Superstar Live Karaoke and leanred he was on his frirt cruise and was from London Ontario.

DSC00390-vi.jpg

DSC00394-vi.jpg

After quite a while hanging out by the pool, it was time to go and get ready for dinner.

This night was the only night we had a wait, we requested a table for 2 in the section we had sat in the night before since we liked Dana, so we ordered a few drinks and I think we waited only 10 minutes.

DSC00395-vi.jpg

I had fruit as my starter and did not take any pics of that...the main course was Filet Mignon....it paled in comparison to the filet in the Steakhouse, of course, i really have my doubts that it was Filet Mignon at all, it was overcooked but not a big deal overall, we were getting fooded out anyways. Mom had the same thing.

DSC01369-vi.jpg

For dessert I had my first and only Warm Chocolate Melting Cake this cruise...it was too rich as i remember it being on Pride, i could only eat a few bites.

DSC01370-vi.jpg

Mom had Chocolate, Raspberry and Vanilla Cream Cake, she really liked it.

DSC01371-vi.jpg

After dinner we went to see the Justin Illusion show...

DSC01374-vi.jpg

Again, i felt like i was at an amusement park show, the music was hard rock and loud, which i do not particularly mind but it is for sure not for everyone. The magic and or illusions were not all that impressive, it just did not interest me very much.

At 11pm we went to the adult comedy, very entertaining and funny, then we went up to walk around outside.

DSC01381-vi.jpg

DSC01386-vi.jpg

Then it was off to bed, last sea day fast approaching.

DSC01379-vi.jpg

DSC01390-vi.jpg

The last day, so sad. We had a fabulous cruise and fun vacation and it was all winding down. The worst part of the last day is that feeling that "tomorrow you must leave" is being shoved down your throat at every turn, as if we do not know :D, last day sales, watch the debarkation info, settle accounts, pack, blardy blar.

And so we start with the usual breakfast.

DSC01391-vi.jpg

And then an early start for Serenity Deck.

It was not too crowded and we easily found loungers. How ironic though, 3 chogged seats right at the "No reserved Seating" sign. A lady was sunning alone for a very long time, well over an hour, meanwhile many walked by looking for a spot, not one Carnival employee walked by, no one was out pushing drinks, either, all the while no one showed up to join her. Eventually one other lady showed up and finally they gave up the remaining 2 loungers.

DSC01393-vi.jpg

DSC01408-vi.jpg

Last lunch was pizza, it was always very good and really we never had to wait in line.

DSC01410-vi.jpg

There was also a "Chocolate Buffet." Mom got the cute swan ice cream thingy

DSC01412-vi.jpg

I tried the "Chocolate Sushi" which was inedible, really terrible. I tried some kind of cake which was very good.... there was also fondu and fruit, cookies and other candies and sweets.

DSC01414-vi.jpg

After lunch we walked around the ship and went to the shops, Mom bought some earrings and I bought a necklace.

DSC01436-vi.jpg

DSC01438-vi.jpg

Since there was that dreaded packing thing to be done, we decided to give each other some space and I decided I would brave going to watch "The Hunger Games" in the Follies lounge at 2 while Mom packed. I was anticipating a much younger crowd and had prepared myself that some kids might act up or talk through the movie, it was mostly an adult audience and the adults were the ones who decided to talk and make comments and come in late and since I had seen it before I decided to leave and just walk around and people watch.

DSC01443-vi.jpg

After a while it was my turn to go pack while Mom went out and piddled around, then it was time for dinner. There was not anything we really wanted from the menus in the main dining room so we decided to eat up at the buffet.

There was a soup I tried but did not like, some spicey chicken that was very good and hot, roast beef which was good...

DSC01450-vi.jpg

Mom had some roast beef and tried a little crab cake, she said it was not good.

DSC01452-vi.jpg

DSC01456-vi.jpg

After dinner we went to put the finishing touches on the packing :(

DSC01457-vi.jpg

We had turn-down service and chocolate just tossed on the bed, no towel animal. And no ice. We were planning to drink some wine in the room before bed but that was not to be. So we arrived on the ship with our 2 bottles of wine and left with one of our bottles and with the champagne that JH had sent us.

DSC01458-vi.jpg

We wanted to go to Karaoke one last time and that is when we saw our dancer boy from the pool and learned that it was his first cruise and where he was from.

DSC00416-vi.jpg

We decided to ship the Legends show and turn in at a reasonable time since we had the long drive ahead of us the next day. And so that concludes that last sea day. Waaaa!

We arrived in TAMPA...not sure what time, we were up pretty early, i heard some say we got in late, i really don't know. We left the cabin with our carry-ons inside and had a few last things to get organized, it could not have been 7am even...when we opened the cabin door our room steward was there, we told him we would be back shortly and that our bags were still in there.

DSC01459-vi.jpg

DSC01463-vi.jpg

DSC01465-vi.jpg

DSC01466-vi.jpg

After breakfast we went back to the cabin to find that the room steward had been in the cabin and had begun cleaning, the beds were stripped and the towels were all in the floor and our bags had been moved, we had told him we were coming back and while i completely get that they need to get things cleaned up quickly and he's got to do lots of cabins including the ones for FTTF we would have appreciated him just waiting, we actually vacated the room well before 8am.

We went down and settled in early at the Odyssey lounge and waited. It sucks leaving but when it is time you want to go. Tampa is the one of the ports where non-US Citizens must be processed by immigration ON THE SHIP, there is very clear and specific instruction about this but they had to page and page and page for several people to report, and that held things up.

As for Faster to the Fun and the Debarkation process, the package describes...

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your home port.

Well, FTTF was not mentioned one time by anyone in any announcement or on the debarkation video. We had zone 4 tags and because it was taking FOREVER we decided that once they called self-assist that we would wait until that mad rush occurred and "back of the line" it. Just as we were reaching the line and were being asked if we were "really self-assist" they called zone 1-3, and we were able to go on and debark.

DSC01468-vi.jpg

And after the taxi ride to the hotel and getting settled in the car, we were on our way, arriving safely home at midnight, welcomed by snowfall and my very happy dog!

DSC01472-vi.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived