Legend-3/17 Photo Review

Danacat222

After tea Mom and I roamed around a bit and then headed to the cabin for a nap and showers then it was time to eat AGAIN, lol.

We chose Your Time Dining because we like the flexibility of being able to eat whenever. When we arrived at the dining room we were asked if we preferred a shared table which was available immediately, or a table for two which we would need to wait for. We wanted to eat just the two of us but we waited no longer than 5 minutes.

For starters I had the fruit and Mom had the salad...

DSC00449-vi.jpg

DSC00450-vi.jpg

For the main dish I chose the ribs, Mom had Prime Rib.

I thought the ribs were very good and they were served very hot, they were tender and fell right off the bones. The corn and fries were not good but not like I was going to starve. Mom said her Prime Rib was good, too, and her potato was good and hot while the couple next to us sent a baked potato back 2 times because it was not "hot hot hot."

DSC00452-vi.jpg

DSC00453-vi.jpg

Because of Tea earlier in the day we were light on dessert, I had the Diet Banana cake (very good) and Mom had Lime Sherbert (can't go wrong with that!).

DSC00457-vi.jpg

DSC00454-vi.jpg

We enjoyed our dinner. The service was efficient but very impersonal, our wait staff never introduced themselves and never even said hi. The head waiter just came with pen and paper and looked at us with that expression of "what will it be?" Again I felt like i was in a silent movie. Mom and i always try and smile a lot and say please and thank you and try to make a connection but our waiter was not having any of it.

Overall we had a great Fun Day at Sea, i need to find our Fun Times because I can't remember what we did that night after dinner, we may have headed to bed early because we had a fun day planned in Cozumel the next day. I'll report on that tomorrow!

DSC00458-vi.jpg

Danacat - I was wondering if you used the internet while aboard the Legend? I am on the Transatlantic voyage next week and leaving my 15 year old daughter at home :eek: So needless to say I am going to have to stay in contact with home. Any information on plans, pricing etc would be appreciated!

Danacat - I was wondering if you used the internet while aboard the Legend? I am on the Transatlantic voyage next week and leaving my 15 year old daughter at home :eek: So needless to say I am going to have to stay in contact with home. Any information on plans, pricing etc would be appreciated!

I did not use the internet at all. In the Fun Times on Sunday there was a Embarkation Special listed, and in Monday's Fun Times the special had been extended. On Tuesday there was a special for buying your 2nd Internet Time Plan with 30 additional minutes. On Thursday there was a Internet Happy Hour with 50% off time usage between 4pm to 6pm. On Friday, if you took your receipt from the Spa, Photo, Bingo, Shore Excursion or Gift Shop and you got complimentary minutes when buying a Time Plan that day. The Fun Times does not list any prices. I am sorry I can't be of more help.

March 19, Cozumel Day! Finally it is here!

We woke up to a gorgeous day!

DSC00465-vi.jpg

DSC00475-vi.jpg

DSC00121-vi.jpg

We had a light breakfast...

DSC00468-vi.jpg

We were so excited for a fun day in Cozumel...

DSC00479-vi.jpg

It's just wonderful to get up early and watch as we get closer to shore, trying to get a glimpse of what's in store for us...

DSC00481-vi.jpg

For Mom and I this vacation was all about rest and relaxation and we both LOVE to go to the beach, so for Cozumel we researched All-Inclusive beach breaks and based on great reviews we decided to reserve a day at Nachi Cocoum. We reserved online making a small deposit with the balance due in cash at the resort.

Once in port we made our way to the taxi getting area by following signs...

DSC00503-vi.jpg

We LOVED this place! Nachi Cocum is a family oriented beach resort that limits its capacity to 100 guests per day. Nachi Cocum also does not tolerate the loud party crowd, so we felt it was going to be a perfect day. And it was!

We had a quiet taxi driver who did not even ask if we had reservations at Nachi. Everything we read said to make sure we had our reservation documentation with us as taxi drivers will refuse to take you without it. So while that was not the case for us, you DO NEED your reservation confirmation at the resort, there is really no booth or check-in place when you arrive, when you get out of the taxi you are greeted, asked to take a welcome photo (when they will try to sell to you later with our without a frame) and then they direct you towards the beach area. You can walk around, find the bathrooms, or you can just make your way to the beach and choose where you want to sit and then someone will come around to confirm your reservation and collect the remaining balance and give you a wristband to wear.

There is a beautiful pool with a hot tub whirlpool (no kids allowed in the hot tub was blatantly ignored) and swim-up bar.

DSC00507-vi.jpg

DSC00509-vi.jpg

DSC00510-vi.jpg

DSC00514-vi.jpg

Our waiter was Carlos and he was very hard working and never far away, the drinks really were flowing and the drinks were not diluted and were very well made.

DSC00148-vi.jpg

And you can order more than one drink at a time. No I am not an alcoholic but i love a Margarita / Beer combo.

DSC00534-vi.jpg

DSC00544-vi.jpg

DSC00548-vi.jpg

We had such a fun time trying new drinks and relaxing on the beach, it was a little windy but we had no complaints about anything.

DSC00550-vi.jpg

Nachi includes beverages and lunch, you can also pay extra for a massage, snorkel, kayak or rent jet skis.

DSC00144-vi.jpg

For lunch Mom had shrimp fajitas, which she said were some of the best shrimp she has ever had, she also ordered a side of Guacamole which was excellent!

DSC00556-vi.jpg

I ordered quesadillas and nachos, everything was good and fresh tasting, i loved their salsa, too!

DSC00557-vi.jpg

DSC00559-vi.jpg

DSC00560-vi.jpg

Nachi Cocum is really a pretty place, too...they will even take you out to snorkel and I believe they have a scuba diving package. We so enjoyed our day there, it was too short but it was really a great experience. I loved the pool, it was refreshing and only a few people were using it.

DSC00576-vi.jpg

DSC00579-vi.jpg

DSC00581-vi.jpg

DSC00587-vi.jpg

Once we made it back to the port we really could have spent some time shopping around but we had Chef's Table to look forward to and needed to have some time to clean up and get ready for that.

DSC00608-vi.jpg

DSC00606-vi.jpg

So long Cozumel, until next time!

Up next...Chef's Table...

I did not use the internet at all. In the Fun Times on Sunday there was a Embarkation Special listed, and in Monday's Fun Times the special had been extended. On Tuesday there was a special for buying your 2nd Internet Time Plan with 30 additional minutes. On Thursday there was a Internet Happy Hour with 50% off time usage between 4pm to 6pm. On Friday, if you took your receipt from the Spa, Photo, Bingo, Shore Excursion or Gift Shop and you got complimentary minutes when buying a Time Plan that day. The Fun Times does not list any prices. I am sorry I can't be of more help.

Danacat- Thanks for the info! I would prefer to stay of the internet, but unfortunately being gone so long I will have too. I will watch out for the specials!

One more question, I just read another thread that Carnival has done away with the Drink of the Day Hurricane glasses on most ships but not all. It is tradition for me start of my cruise with one of those drinks ;) Just wondering if you noticed if the Legend still has them or if they no longer serve drinks in them either. Thanks!

One more question, I just read another thread that Carnival has done away with the Drink of the Day Hurricane glasses on most ships but not all. It is tradition for me start of my cruise with one of those drinks ;) Just wondering if you noticed if the Legend still has them or if they no longer serve drinks in them either. Thanks!

Sorry to disappoint but there were no Hurricane glasses to be seen.

My big brother is a chef, he started working at a small family owned restaurant when he was 14 or so, and he ended up getting into to a vocational education program on culinary arts during high school and he went on to attend Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island. After college he worked as a chef at Disney World, worked at a fancy hotel, cooked for some rock stars, worked at a prestigious supper club, opened a few restaurants, finally settling in as a division chef for one of the USA’s leading food distribution companies and he travels routinely to Chicago and NY and is always participating in culinary arts shows and is a local celeb in his hometown where he makes regular TV appearances. So, cooking and chef stuff is of interest to me because I grew up around it. I thought it would be a fun treat for Mom and I to attend Chef's Table so we could get a behind the scenes look at banquet dining on the ship and to have an informative and entertaining dining experience with a fun ship chef. I have done a photo review of the experience and it was very nice in many respects but I really felt a little underwhelmed at the end. I could not hear the Chef very well, Mom could not understand a word he was saying. It was a lot of food stretched out over too long a period of time and while I do believe it is a worthy experience and good value I would not do it again and certainly not with this same menu. I also would have enjoyed it more if Mom was not ALL THE WAY OVER on the opposite side of the table. I get the concept of the seating arrangement but it did not work for us.

DSC00657-vi.jpg

After Chef's Table we made our way to Follies for "Showtime," Mom enjoyed it but i kept having that feeling that i was at an amusement park show and would rather be doing something else. We cut out thinking we would go to the comedy show at 11 but we decided to go "upstairs" to stargaze and take in a dose of night time sea air. I also wanted a cup of hot chocolate! Yum!

DSC00669-vi.jpg

And so that concludes night 3, it was a fun, awesome day. Nachi Cocum is all I can think about, lol.. that and not having to clean, cook, make the bed, etc...

DSC00662-vi.jpg

Next up...Belize

Archived