Carry On Wine + Water Celebrity Solstice Sydney

Hi, We are booked on the Celebrity Solstice boarding 4 November 2013 Sydney-New Zealand. It is o.k. to bring on board 2 bottles of wine and also a 12/24 pack of water. If so, are we required to carry these items onboard? Hope someone can clarify.

Hi' date=' We are booked on the Celebrity Solstice boarding 4 November 2013 Sydney-New Zealand. It is o.k. to bring on board 2 bottles of wine and also a 12/24 pack of water. If so, are we required to carry these items onboard? Hope someone can clarify.[/quote']

Just off Solstice the other week. Wine ok, policy is 2 bottles of wine per stateroom at embarkation only. No limits re bottled water.

Enjoy your cruise !

About a third of the way through Australian Terms and Conditions...'Guests can now take on board the ship, two bottles of wine per stateroom on the first day of embarkation only. If the wine is consumed in a public area, we charge a corkage fee of US$25 per bottle'. We drank our Riccadonna by the spa pool on VOS last Dec...the Pool bar gave us the ice for the bucket to keep it cold!:D

Walk your wine onboard, if it is in your luggage, the scanner picks up the bottles and they keep the bags in the 'naughty' corner downstairs (not delivering it to your room), you have to go get it and open the bag to show them that it is wine.:mad:

Guess the public areas may be restricted to Celebrity. Enjoy your fav wine and have a good trip:)

About a third of the way through Australian Terms and Conditions...'Guests can now take on board the ship, two bottles of wine per stateroom on the first day of embarkation only. If the wine is consumed in a public area, we charge a corkage fee of US$25 per bottle'. We drank our Riccadonna by the spa pool on VOS last Dec...the Pool bar gave us the ice for the bucket to keep it cold!:D

Walk your wine onboard, if it is in your luggage, the scanner picks up the bottles and they keep the bags in the 'naughty' corner downstairs (not delivering it to your room), you have to go get it and open the bag to show them that it is wine.:mad:

Guess the public areas may be restricted to Celebrity. Enjoy your fav wine and have a good trip:)

Hi retyredgreynomad, Definitely don't want to end up in the naughty room (now that brings back memories). So I will "flash" my 2 bottles of wine and 24-pack of water as I board. And enjoy on the balcony as we sail out of the beautiful Sydney Harbour.

I just carried mine on in one of those picnic wine packs...they come with space for 1 bottle 2 plastic cups, serviettes and bottle opener....remove all the accessories and replace with the 2nd bottle....just simply walk through...no one actually looks at them.:rolleyes:

On the return trip 2 of the 4 litres of booze squeeze into the same carry case.:D

I just carried mine on in one of those picnic wine packs...they come with space for 1 bottle 2 plastic cups, serviettes and bottle opener....remove all the accessories and replace with the 2nd bottle....just simply walk through...no one actually looks at them.:rolleyes:

On the return trip 2 of the 4 litres of booze squeeze into the same carry case.:D

Great idea. We are flying back from Auckland and will definitely fill up the now vacant space left in the Wine Carry pack. Duty Free here we come....

CCC's...Off topic, but buy your duty free at Auckland Airport before getting on plane to OZ, 25% cheaper. On a special deal I got 4 big bottles of spirits for NZ$99 (AU$75) at Auckland Airport, being 2 x Jamisons Whisky, 2 x Baileys Irish Cream. The more you buy the more you save. Heh, Heh.

CCC's...Off topic, but buy your duty free at Auckland Airport before getting on plane to OZ, 25% cheaper. On a special deal I got 4 big bottles of spirits for NZ$99 (AU$75) at Auckland Airport, being 2 x Jamisons Whisky, 2 x Baileys Irish Cream. The more you buy the more you save. Heh, Heh.

O...M...G. That is amazing. :eek: That equates to about $18.75 each bottle (1 litre ?). Well, looks like I have got half my Xmas shopping literally "in the bag". Thanks for the heads-up on this. Just a quick question: What is the allowance for each passenger re: alcohol when flying back to Sydney? Also, is the bag of grog considered to be your 'carry on luggage' or is this in addition to your normal hand luggage? Thanks for your help. :D

Spirits were cheap to buy on the ship - they were delivered to the cabin on the last night.

We bought 2 * 1litre Bombay Sapphire ($60 for two) and 2 * 1litre Grey Goose (a bit dearer). Not sure how this compares with Auckland DF but certainly cheaper than SYD.

O...M...G. That is amazing. :eek: That equates to about $18.75 each bottle (1 litre ?). Well' date=' looks like I have got half my Xmas shopping literally "in the bag". Thanks for the heads-up on this. Just a quick question: What is the allowance for [b']each[/b] passenger re: alcohol when flying back to Sydney? Also, is the bag of grog considered to be your 'carry on luggage' or is this in addition to your normal hand luggage? Thanks for your help. :D

2 x 1125 ml bottles of spirits per pax entering Sydney. Just keep your duty free bottles in the big plastic bag the shop gives you, I did, everybody did, did not impact on our carry on allowance of 7kg. We came back on Emirates A380.

Archived