Carnival food and Norwegian food

JOHN 57

thank you, I was just wondering, because of a cruise on Norwegian, Atlantic crossing. I could not pass up the price.

I've been looking at the NCL Atlantic crossings, too. The price is great, and I really enjoy sea days. Also, they're a few days shorter than Carnival's transAtlantic cruises, and I can't take more than two full weeks in a row without my employers wetting their pants.

which is better Carnival food or Norwegian food. We are taking a cruise soon on Norwegian Epic, would like to know.

thank you,

John

I think it depends on who you ask. If you post this on Norwegians boards I'm sure the majority will say norwegian is better and the same if asking carnival people.

It's too subjective to get a definitive answer. However being that the epic is their top ship right now I can't imagine the food is crappy. It looks like a beautiful ship with the exception if the bathrooms. Those I would have an issue with.

Been on Carnival 3 times - we tried NCL

On Carnival and HAL - we gained weight - even though active - food real good

NCL - Sky - 4 out of 4 teen boys had a hard time finding good food

and for the first time I lost a pound on a cruise instead of gaining

Carnival wins this one

Am I the only one that saw the title and thought:

Corn Dogs & Cotton Candy vs. Lutefisk & Lingonberries

:D

Lutefisk.....now that's a taste I never acquired. Even with my Scandinavian blood (dad's from Denmark), I just can't stomach it. Give me some pickled herring & jarelsburg cheese on a good rye bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you, I was just wondering, because of a cruise on Norwegian, Atlantic crossing. I could not pass up the price.

We did the TA on the Sun a few years ago. At best the food was "ehh". The only food from that cruise that we talk about as being great was the fresh pineapple, it was some of the best we have ever eaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....The only food from that cruise that we talk about as being great was the fresh pineapple, it was some of the best we have ever eaten.

Eek. That's a hidden low blow.

We felt the buffet food was better on CCL but the MDR/specialty food (hibachi in our case) was better on NCL, not the steakhouses tho.

which is better Carnival food or Norwegian food. We are taking a cruise soon on Norwegian Epic, would like to know.

thank you,

John

Let me state I've spent half my life in restaurant management and ownership. It's really not even close...Norwegian has much better food, especially on the buffets.

The one executive chef who writes the menus for all the Carnival ships apparently doesn't like hot vegetables on the buffet. They will have 12 different cold salads but you can always count on baked potato and steamed broccoli as the extent of their hot vegetables EVERY single night on the buffet.

For the record, both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have better food than Norwegian.

In my experience, the NCL buffet was MUCH better - more choices and better tasting.

The regular MDR food was MUCH better at Carnival. At no time on NCL in the MDR did we say, "yummm!" Their desserts were especially lacking.

The one pay restaurant we went to on NCL (the Chinese option) was very good.

For us, every other cruise line we've sailed has had better buffet food than carnival as well as better buffet layouts and better crowd control.

Main dining on carnival was very good up till our last 2 cruises, lately we've noticed a sharp step backwards in quality, hopefullly it was just limited to the ship. We're sailing the dream and oasis back to back in October, it'll be a nice chance to get a comparison while its still fresh on our minds.

We cruised with Norwegian Pearl last year and thought the food was quite good. Just got off the Norwegian Star and the food was mediocre. We got several entrees which were overcooked and there didn't seem to be a lot of choice. However, we did Teppanyaki on the Star and it was superb (and I am from Alberta where we know beef!)

So it seems like it might depend on the ship, and of course on your tastes!

I've been on both Carnival and NCL... and loved them both.

Buffet is better on NCL...

MDR on Carnival is better than NCL.

Specialty restaurants on NCL are great and MUCH better than MDR on Carnival... although there is a charge...

Archived