!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Soon enough we saw the other two ships in Spots bay, an MSC ship and a disney Ship. Apparently a HAL ship and a RCCL decided to skip port. That was a great thing because that opened up a spot for us in spots bay!

DSC03351_zps9a8c6d73.jpg

DSC03352_zpsc96c509f.jpg

DSC03353_zpsb5555114.jpg

My fat ass got online and after a long line I managed to get a few of sweet breakfast items. They were all super yummy!

DSC03358_zps7b138ef1.jpg

DSC03360_zpsd2709ac2.jpg

Mom waited by a table at Al Bacio while I went and got some coffee and I also had to run to the room and get my wallet I had forgotten it!! I can only imagine getting into town and realizing that I left all my money aboard the ship, OMG I would had died…. It was a good thing I remembered.

DSC03410_zps535f0274.jpg

DSC03411_zps9cbaa5f3.jpg

These are the only pictures I have for the Cellar.

DSC03412_zps87fb9553.jpg

DSC03413_zps2b484d11.jpg

DSC03414_zpsfd7a471b.jpg

DSC03415_zps48723e90.jpg

Once I got back I sat down and my coffee was waiting for there, those white chocolate mochas are fantastic!

DSC03430_zpsf13e5335.jpg

Then we sat there for a minutes and waited for group #2 to be called.

Note: get your tender tickets! it is very important, a short trip to the ticket counter will avoid a big headache later one. By the way people on wheel chairs could not go into spots bay.

Soon enough our group was called and before we knew it, we were aboard the tender and heading into Grand Cayman.

Here is the video from the tender ride going towards Grand Cayman.

DSC03431_zpsd28f0701.jpg

DSC03434_zps36601c4a.jpg

DSC03435_zps6460d08a.jpg

DSC03439_zps2be1e21b.jpg

DSC03442_zps612a05f5.jpg

With 3 ships in that tinny area this was less than ideal, but overall it was well organized considering that they had preparations for this. It was a short ride into town about 30 minutes, we were told to keep that in mind for the transfer back.

DSC03444_zps9ece2e74.jpg

DSC03448_zps34cd76fd.jpg

DSC03449_zps5760e44b.jpg

So that is it for now, I will start writing the next section now.

So how do you like the fisheye?

Edited by gambee

So that is it for now, I will start writing the next section now.

So how do you like the fisheye?

I like the perspective the fisheye give some of the areas on the ship. Very cool! Another thanks for your efforts.

And congratulations on your CC promotion to "Blue Ribbon" :cool:...looks like you probably got that a few days ago, but I just noticed; so sorry if it is a bit belated:p

The eggs and Eggs Benedict actually look REAL...unlike Carnivals version. GREAT...GREAT review Gambee. I cannot wait until you do the Breakaway one.

And they taste great as well :)

Thank you for following

I like the perspective the fisheye give some of the areas on the ship. Very cool! Another thanks for your efforts.

And congratulations on your CC promotion to "Blue Ribbon" :cool:...looks like you probably got that a few days ago, but I just noticed; so sorry if it is a bit belated:p

Cool thanks for the input, I enjoy using it as well.

I had not even noticed the blue ribbon, thank you for mentioning it.

DSC03416_zps94461f3c.jpg

I don't remember Celebrity Solstice having one of these in the Cellar Masters wine bar... I will definitely check it out in 44 days!!! :D

I must have one for my kitchen too! Now where can I buy one?!?! ;)

By the way Gambee... the fisheye lens is quite cool. I like how it 'wraps' everything into view.

I don't remember Celebrity Solstice having one of these in the Cellar Masters wine bar... I will definitely check it out in 44 days!!! :D

I must have one for my kitchen too! Now where can I buy one?!?! ;)

By the way Gambee... the fisheye lens is quite cool. I like how it 'wraps' everything into view.

Thanks for the input :)

I'm liking the fish eye perspective, too, especially the shots looking up at the elevators.

Heather

Glad you like them Heather, thank you =)

The bus dropped us off at the Bay Shore Mall, we decided to walk around and do some shopping.

DSC03456_zpsf88030b8.jpg

DSC03458_zpsdabdb9a3.jpg

very nice fountain, you can see how I captured the water motion ;-)

DSC03466_zps355e2b05.jpg

Bay Shore mall

DSC03473_zps9fc80495.jpg

DSC03474_zps626bd5b7.jpg

DSC03476_zps153eb24e.jpg

DSC03528_zpsfc0bd378.jpg

We bought a little souvenir at that store.

DSC03529_zpsf15b2878.jpg

DSC03531_zpse3e9cfe5.jpg

The cost of the buses are $2.50 per trip per person very reasonable, these are the same buses the locals use as transportation. The main bus hub is located by Edward street, very close to the main street, it was just a few minutes walk.

DSC03533_zps02a56208.jpg

DSC03538_zps158c2a1d.jpg

DSC03539_zpsf60aa14c.jpg

The bus driver was little annoying as he kept stopping asking all the tourist is they needed a ride, but I guess that is what you get from catching a bus and not a taxi. Overall not bad, short ride to the turtle farm, I want to say about 20-25 minutes. I want to note that the island is in the middle of a huge construction project, so a lot of the main streets are closed. They are also building the first bridge in Grand Cayman and the locals seemed to be pretty excited by this :D.

Not much to see, he was driving so fast that it was hard to get a steady picture.

DSC03549_zps53fc2720.jpg

Fish Market

DSC03552_zpsbf73048f.jpg

DSC03555_zps4f09ea05.jpg

DSC03558_zps5d08dc34.jpg

DSC03570_zps135ef87c.jpg

Let stop here and say that were charged $18 for the main viewing area and that was the price that I researched ahead of time. But later on I talked to a few people that say that you can also only pay $10 if you are there for just a few minutes. I cannot verify this and I am sure if there any restrictions for the $10.

Also if you want to swim with the turtles and a ton of other fish, you have to pay more I think around $40 per person. The place is not cheap at all.

I also want make you all aware what this farm is all about. Plain and simple this Farm is what all farms are about, yielding food for consumption. Yes they are growing turtles to supply the island high demand for turtle meat and charging to see this. Also apparently turtle meat is highly thought after in there, I have never tried it myself.

I guess thing that I can say is that at least they are not killings the ones that roam freely in the ocean.

I went there because I love turtles and I was dying to hold one. Initially I wanted to swim with them, but it was so cold that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to even make it inside the water.

DSC03589_zps2565f313.jpg

DSC03590_zpsb26ba53f.jpg

DSC03591_zpsbe0fb421.jpg

DSC03592_zps6fc29b4a.jpg

DSC03593_zps1f80f72a.jpg

DSC03594_zps27c6671a.jpg