Adults only pools ??

yes. voyager class has adult only pools. We were on Voyager and it had one. One thing we hated was that there was a sort of water fountain spraying over half the pool. It came from the side wall. Basically you didn't want to stand there because it would hit you in the face. Hopefully they have changed this to only occur at night. Not many people seemed to like it.

Yes, that was kind of annoying... I remember standing there and wondering why they would diminish the functional size of a pool that was not too large to begin with, with those fountains.

But to answer the OP, on my cruise on the Voyager, people were pretty good about observing the adults only pool rules... especailly with the hot tubs (which i care about more).

The Radiance Class Ships, Vision Class Ships and Voyager Class Ships all have adults only solariums, ages 16 and over. Sorry I don't remember about the Soverign Class Ships. :o

The solarium on the Radiance and Brilliance were my favorite place to relax, glass roof, cushioned chairs, bar and cafe....very relaxing!

Sovereign class does not.

I have a whole new appreciation for adults only pools after being stuck on an overcrowded, kid filled, diapers everywhere cruise for a week on another line. I did not use the pools except on port days; it was both annoying and disgusting.

NEVER again without an adult pool.

Thanks to all for your information! I was thinking about the Voyager for my next trip so that was good news to hear.... I just got off of a cruise on another line last week and after spending one day in the pool with all the kids splashing and jumping, not to mention hogging the hot tub, we found the adult pool!! Heaven!! I don't think that I could cruise on a ship without one now!

Believe me, I don't dislike kids! I have 4 of my own and 3 grandchildren...it's just that I am there to relax and get away from all the commotion.

Thanks to all for your information! I was thinking about the Voyager for my next trip so that was good news to hear.... I just got off of a cruise on another line last week and after spending one day in the pool with all the kids splashing and jumping, not to mention hogging the hot tub, we found the adult pool!! Heaven!! I don't think that I could cruise on a ship without one now!

Believe me, I don't dislike kids! I have 4 of my own and 3 grandchildren...it's just that I am there to relax and get away from all the commotion.

I've been on Voyager twice and loved the Solarium (adults only pool). It has two large hot tubs, a bar, the pool, plus padded loungers. Also, it is a lot quieter than the main pool area.

just wondering....we are cruising to Alaska (Radiance of the Seas) and I'm gathering from what I have read that the outdoor pools will be too cold to swim in. The solarium pool is available for swimming though since the water is always warm. What happens to the kids sailing on the Alaska or colder climate cruises? Specifically, the Radiance of the Seas. Did I read somewhere before that the solarium is open for a limited number of hours to kids on these Alaskan cruises?

I don't have kids myself, but I just wondered.

just wondering....we are cruising to Alaska (Radiance of the Seas) and I'm gathering from what I have read that the outdoor pools will be too cold to swim in. The solarium pool is available for swimming though since the water is always warm. What happens to the kids sailing on the Alaska or colder climate cruises? Specifically, the Radiance of the Seas. Did I read somewhere before that the solarium is open for a limited number of hours to kids on these Alaskan cruises?

Yes I too read that they open the solarium pool certain hours of the day for kids.

And I whole heartly agree about kids slpashing, jumping and just making the pool area impossible to to enjoy!!! :mad: It's always the solarium for me!!!! :D

Alaska: My son just returned from a Princess cruise and said the outdoor pool was heated and several people used it, as well as the solarium pool.

We sailed Hawaii to Ensenada on Legend of the Seas (Vision Class) in March and enjoyed the Solarium around 6pm every evening when everyone else was doing other things. I did meet a woman with her 5 year old daughter using the hot tub in the solarium. I never realized it was an adults only area, so thanks for sharing that info.

I do wish they would open the roof in the solarium on warm sunny days, but I never saw it opened all the time we were in Hawaii. I must admit the outdoor pool was very warm, but the air was cold and windy on the way back to Ensenada-- so the solarium was packed.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

You are correct. When weather conditions make it difficult or impossible to use the outside pool, the solarium pool is open to kids for a limited number of hours. We experienced this on our Transatlantic cruise on Brilliance of the Seas, and I must say that I was quite impressed that at the end of those limited hours, parents bundled up their kids and left the area without any prompting from anyone. I believe the hours were 8 to 10 am and 3 to 5 pm or some such arrangement.

On Mariner a few weeks ago, we saw no evidence of youngsters trying to use the solarium pool or hot tubs.

I'd settle for an assigned "adult" dining hour. I love kids--but my last cruise had a birthday party for 10 year old girls next to our table. Is there anything more annoying than girls that age screaming in a high pitch tone when they talk? Hubby and I ended up leaving our table and going to the Windjammer until we found a corner all to ourselves. Of course the parents of these girls were at a table next to them and never asked them to tone it down. What were we thinking having dinner at 6pm? Perhaps it's time to try late seating.

Love the adult only pool, now if there was an adult only dining room!

On each of the 3 cruises I have taken to Alaska there were poopaloopas in the solarium .(so much for going in the water). Even though it specified certain times during inclimate weather that kids could use the Solarium Pool (with adult supervision) I found that it became an over generalized time that was really alloted for other than Adults only.(so much for using the pool)

Archived