WARNING to shutterfly.com usres, your photo are permanent with shutterfly.com

sysy007

Not sure why anyone would be suprised that anything you load out on the internet is going to be out there and never eraseable every..

ย 

Facebook, shutterfly pretty much anywhere. Once its out there its there for ever or some google cache. If you don't want it out there don't put it out there.

ย 

I still use shutterfly, but do find it annoying that I have to pay to get my orginals back, but that is the price of their free service.

ย 

If you have photo store on shutterfly.com, even after you remove your photo from shutterfly.com, they are still in shutterfly.com database.

ย 

Don't use shutterfly.com unless you don't mind lose control of your photo. BTW coming and posting here won't dent their business one bit.

ย 

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51203668

Edited by chipmaster

Photos in my private album suppose to remain private. Those you posted for public viewing belongs to public domain.

ย 

I don't expect my private photo to be permanently stored on shutterfly.com. My private photo is not shutterfly's property.

Free service is often not without strings attached!

ย 

You can pay to have your photos stored on AWS or some other paid backup service and not have these issues!

Edited by dileep

Perhap a nice 1TB for 100 bucks is the answer. Or places where your annual payment keeps them in business are better options. Complaining about free service.. well it was free

ย 

Like everyone gripping about facebook, google etc. we use at our own risk. :D

ย 

Photos in my private album suppose to remain private. Those you posted for public viewing belongs to public domain.

ย 

I don't expect my private photo to be permanently stored on shutterfly.com. My private photo is not shutterfly's property.

I don't really trust anything that's free...there has to be a catch!:rolleyes: I went with Smug Mug when Webshots became Smile:) which was really more of a Frown:( to me. I chose a "Power" account, and I have been extremely pleased with the site and the available products. Yes, it's a little more expensive than some of the other options out there, but I like that I can easily make my pictures public or private as I wish, and uploading/rearranging/putting pictures on CC:D is simple!

About the available products...I discovered "Blurb" through Smug Mug, and made a good friend of ours a photo book for Christmas. It was beautiful! I have made a couple other albums through Shutterfly and Snapfish, but I thought the Blurb book I made was exceptional. One of my long-term projects is to get a lot of my old photos organized and printed into albums, and I will use Blurb again.

I don't really trust anything that's free...there has to be a catch!:rolleyes: I went with Smug Mug when Webshots became Smile:) which was really more of a Frown:( to me. I chose a "Power" account, and I have been extremely pleased with the site and the available products. Yes, it's a little more expensive than some of the other options out there, but I like that I can easily make my pictures public or private as I wish, and uploading/rearranging/putting pictures on CC:D is simple!

ย 

About the available products...I discovered "Blurb" through Smug Mug, and made a good friend of ours a photo book for Christmas. It was beautiful! I have made a couple other albums through Shutterfly and Snapfish, but I thought the Blurb book I made was exceptional. One of my long-term projects is to get a lot of my old photos organized and printed into albums, and I will use Blurb again.

ย 

I find 'blurb' books consistently better than 'shutterfly' photo books. The reason I go with shutterfly is because I get their free photo book promotion.

ย 

After chatting with shutterfly people, I found a way to delete the share photo link. So my 'remove' photo is permanently deleted from shutterfly site.

• 5 years later...
On 4/5/2013 at 7:50 AM, Cindy said:

ย 

ย 

Cindy:

A polite request; can you use a larger font?ย  Some of us more "seasoned" viewers have "tired" eyes.ย  Thanks, and if I offended, I apologize.

ย 

Ken

Edited by kenevenpar

55 minutes ago, kenevenpar said:

ย 

Cindy:

A polite request; can you use a larger font?ย  Some of us more "seasoned" viewers have "tired" eyes.ย  Thanks, and if I offended, I apologize.

ย 

Ken

Ken, thatโ€™s from six years ago. Iโ€™m pretty sure that whatever font I used is long gone due to the conversion to this new platform!๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by Cindy

1 hour ago, Cindy said:

Ken, thatโ€™s from six years ago. Iโ€™m pretty sure that whatever font I used is long gone due to the conversion to this new platform!๐Ÿ˜‚

I can't tell you how many times I've been nabbed by an old thread!ย  Sorry!