Hotel Maya - Long Beach

My family and I stayed at the Hotel Maya in Long Beach a couple years ago for a pre-cruise stay. We used a corporate code and got the room for $99/night and free parking for 7 days. This was in 2011. I think the code I used then has since expired and was wondering if anyone knew of a new code, or where I can call to get that code? I tried combing through the boards but couldn't find anything. I'm hoping Carnival negotiated a new contract with Hotel Maya since it was so convenient to stay there before our cruise, and it seemed like a safe place to leave our car for a week.

We are staying there in a couple of weeks. I couldn't find a current code either, so I emailed them and they answered in 20 minutes with a price of $139. I'm sure you could call them also if you prefer that method.

Hi, I also got the $139 rate for our second night when I used the corporate code I used a few years ago (0560018220). The first night was not elligible for the discount. They were quoting us over $200 for the first night. I supposed we can just stay one night instead of two, but most importantly we get the free parking.

Several on our roll call have called the hotel Maya and they said you could park for 15 days. We are going on Carnival Miracle 10/19/13.

I used the corporate code and got the room for 120.00 during the time we are going to be there.

See hotel deals for park n cruise for 7 days parking. How do you find for have any knowledge of parking for a 15 day cruise?

• 4 months later...
Several on our roll call have called the hotel Maya and they said you could park for 15 days. We are going on Carnival Miracle 10/19/13.

I used the corporate code and got the room for 120.00 during the time we are going to be there.

Just wondered if you could advise where will the car be parked? Is this a "safe" area and do we take our car keys? Need advice from actual customers not hotel staff. LOL

Will have to call them directly to see what they will charge for the extra days

My family stayed at the Hotel Maya a couple years ago and left our car there for a week. The hotel parking lot is secured with one of those electronic arms so it's not really open to the public. I think it was pretty safe to leave our car there. We'll be there again in five weeks for another cruise and will leave our car again. You just park and lock your car and you're good to go. Don't leave your car keys. Take them with you.

Edited by CruisinMermaid

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondered if you could advise where will the car be parked? Is this a "safe" area and do we take our car keys? Need advice from actual customers not hotel staff. LOL

Will have to call them directly to see what they will charge for the extra days

We've stayed there many times as the Maya and before when it was the Coast Hotel. The parking is in an open (uncovered) lot that is minimally secured by a security arm (we've seen it just open many times when there are big events such as weddings which they seem to have every time we are there). We have never had any problems with leaving our car there. You keep your keys.

Spoke with reservations today, we will have to pay for the 8 additional days we park at the Hotel Maya (15 day cruise). Rate is 19.00/day.

Anyone recommend a hotel with park and cruise package that allows longer parking than 7 days?

Check out the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. They have park and sail packages from $189, including 15 days parking. You will need a grab a taxi to and from Long Beach.

Someone from our cruise posted corporate code 0560018220 for the Maya. He took a snapshot of his receipt and its days it's the Carnival Cruise Rate for Oct-Dec for $120 a night and includes 7 day parking and a shuttle to the Long Beach Pier. Hope that helps!

Paradise 2008

Miracle 2013

Others on our Hawaii cruise have stated they called an were told that they could park their cars for 15 days without any extra charge at the Maya. The code works for the Maya if they have something available. I believe they only have so many they sell with that discount. Some have gotten it for 99.00 during their stay others for 120.00 and I have heard a few higher. It is not a set rate but a discount percentage promo, therefore it is time and volume driven.

I called and spoke to the general information number. Got someone at the front desk. Was advised parking was covered for the full length of the cruise.....but when I questioned further, advised he wasn't sure. I should call and speak to someone on days/reservations. Called them and advised would have to pay for anything past 7 days. I guess it depends who you talk to....but at 19.00 a day past 7 days, can add up to a chunk of change if you are budgeting.

Others on our Hawaii cruise have stated they called an were told that they could park their cars for 15 days without any extra charge at the Maya. The code works for the Maya if they have something available. I believe they only have so many they sell with that discount. Some have gotten it for 99.00 during their stay others for 120.00 and I have heard a few higher. It is not a set rate but a discount percentage promo, therefore it is time and volume driven.

I don't need hotel as I can leave on Saturday morning from San Jose. There isn't a good alternative for parking at the terminal right? I saw the bus option with 3 buses.

We live in Morgan Hill and always drive down the day before and stay in a hotel, I'd be so nervous driving down on cruise day that something would happen with the car or airplane, if you fly, or highway 5, or or or.....But to answer your question, there is a big garage at the terminal for $17/day.

I will try to remember to come back on here when we get back in Nov from our Oct cruise to let you know if the 15 day free worked for those that were planning on it. If not I venture to guess we will have some upset people. The people posted they had spoken with the manager.

I called and spoke to the general information number. Got someone at the front desk. Was advised parking was covered for the full length of the cruise.....but when I questioned further, advised he wasn't sure. I should call and speak to someone on days/reservations. Called them and advised would have to pay for anything past 7 days. I guess it depends who you talk to....but at 19.00 a day past 7 days, can add up to a chunk of change if you are budgeting.

I will try to remember to come back on here when we get back in Nov from our Oct cruise to let you know if the 15 day free worked for those that were planning on it. If not I venture to guess we will have some upset people. The people posted they had spoken with the manager.

I would appreciate it! The budget is important! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoke with reservations today, we will have to pay for the 8 additional days we park at the Hotel Maya (15 day cruise). Rate is 19.00/day.

Anyone recommend a hotel with park and cruise package that allows longer parking than 7 days?

Hi Debbie, did you find out about the additional nights for a 15 day cruise, and do you know if the cruisers using the Carnival corporate code called or reserved the 15 day parking special online? I read somewhere there was a hotel package that only charged $5 daily for additional day's parking. Thanks.

Dan