Would You Move Cabins?

Cras108er

I am scheduled to take a B2B on the Liberty next week. I am currently in the same lido cabin for both weeks. I was just offered an upgrade (?) to an Aft CBin for week #1, but would have to relocate to the Lido cabin for week #2. We'GE never done an aft before. What would you do?

thats a toughee. moving is not hard. you pack up and the steward helps'you move. really would determine where the cabin is now, compared to where you are moving. is it a corner aft? i would move in a nano second. a cabin on the direct middle'of the aft- no, those cabins are narrower and missing a sofa. balconies on the direct aft are a lot larger then what is offered on the side zz zz zz cabin number will help

Last six cruises we have done Lido balconies with exception of one aft balcony. Aft is nice, but I prefer the Lido. If I were you, I would take the aft just for the experience. Both are really nice either way.

Moving from cabin 9245 to 7444. Doesn't look like a corner, but is supposed to be an upgrade. Thx.

it is an upgrade. and I would move. the second week will be harder as your balcony is a lot bigger on 7444 then 9245

the cabin itself will be identical

thats a toughee. moving is not hard. you pack up and the steward helps'you move. really would determine where the cabin is now, compared to where you are moving. is it a corner aft? i would move in a nano second. a cabin on the direct middle'of the aft- no, those cabins are narrower and missing a sofa. balconies on the direct aft are a lot larger then what is offered on the side zz zz zz cabin number will help

When you say corner aft do you mean wrap aft?? We have aft cabin 7442 and i believe there is no couch ...and that would not be middle...

I wouldn't move, just because I'd hate packing and repacking, the luxury of doing a b2b is so you don't have to devote time to packing the night before the 1st cruise is over. Tell Carnival to move you to the same aft cabin for the 2nd week.

If it were me I wouldn't move. I did a B2B (8 days x2) on the Miracle last April, & I can tell you that the greatest luxury is NOT having to pack & organize on the last sea day of the 1st leg.

It was such an incredible pleasure. It's not only the packing, but it's the UNpacking & re-organizing once you're in the new cabin...all that valuable relaxing time is wasted. ;).

Thanks all for the responses. I told my TA to move me if its still available. It looks like its a no lose situation. If I move, I get to experience an aft cabin at no extra charge. If it doesn't work, I'll be booked in the same cabin for two straight weeks. In either case, I'll be on a cruise. You can't beat that.

Serene, I know you know a lot about the cabins, in general. Do you know if this ext aft (next to corner wrap) has a sofa and if it is bigger than the middle ext aft? Thank you for your help.

Serene, I know you know a lot about the cabins, in general. Do you know if this ext aft (next to corner wrap) has a sofa and if it is bigger than the middle ext aft? Thank you for your help.

I think I read that the 7th floor afts next to the wraps have a chair and not a sofa, thus making them smaller.

I think I read that the 7th floor afts next to the wraps have a chair and not a sofa, thus making them smaller.

its usually the cabins in the direct middle-- each cabin is seperated by a metal partition- not the plexiglass kind. these cabins are more narrower then the rest of the deck-- and there is no room for a sofa.

Im not sure about the one right next to the wrap around. but when doing a google search--- there are many reviews that state that 7442 and 7447 do not have a sofa

but when you go to cruise line state rooms it says that this cabin does have a sofa but it also has a sliding door-- so i dont put too much faith in what i read there

we had

its usually the cabins in the direct middle-- each cabin is seperated by a metal partition- not the plexiglass kind. these cabins are more narrower then the rest of the deck-- and there is no room for a sofa.

Im not sure about the one right next to the wrap around. but when doing a google search--- there are many reviews that state that 7442 and 7447 do not have a sofa

but when you go to cruise line state rooms it says that this cabin does have a sofa but it also has a sliding door-- so i dont put too much faith in what i read there

we had

I think I read somewhere that the reason those 2 have chairs instead of sofas was to access an electric box for maintenance needs in the aft-wrap, or something like that.

we had

I guess this will have to be an intriguing mystery until we see the cabin. I have tried to find this info everywhere to no avail. I will keep on searching and maybe something will pop up. Still it will be an amazing carib cruise on the breeze no matter what. Thanks for everyone's help.

I've been in an aft balcony only on a Spirit-class ship, so don't know if this applies to the Liberty. We didn't like the aft balcony because is was so narrow--it didn't matter to me that it was deeper, because the extra space was negated by the angle of the railing.

One of the things I loved about our B2B last year was that we didn't have to pack and unpack for each leg. Staying in the same cabin is a great perk. In addition to not having to pack on the last evening, you have the same steward and team for both legs.

Archived