Sushi

StringerBell

Is there still the same Sushi Bars on most ships, on the CCL web site I see the new 'for fee' sushi place on the new ships, but do they still have the free version on the other ships? We're on the Valor in a few months and was wondering.

Valor had the sushi bar in Dec. BUT, the Taste Bar is replacing the nightly sushi bar. The Taste Bar is good but was only open 4 evenings on Glory.

Others have posted they still have sushi on Lido, even ships that have the "pay" sushi. All I saw on Glory was served as part of the dinner buffet in the Red Sail lido buffet.

Thank you. It's all a little confusing with all the various restaurants/upgrades, etc. Looks like the Taste place isn't on the Valor yet, so I assume the old Sushi bar is still there. And I dont see Valor listed as having the Punchliners Brunch, so I guess we use our Gold free drink ticket in the MDR at lunch some day.

Thank you. It's all a little confusing with all the various restaurants/upgrades, etc. Looks like the Taste place isn't on the Valor yet, so I assume the old Sushi bar is still there. And I dont see Valor listed as having the Punchliners Brunch, so I guess we use our Gold free drink ticket in the MDR at lunch some day.

Sorry to report that I seem to recall others have posted that Valor did get the Taste Bar since I was on in Dec. Some ships have been getting the Taste Bar and/or the PunchLiners Brunch prior to getting the additional 2.0 upgrades. You can get sushi for an appetizer at the buffet before going to the MDR, especially if you have late seating. It just wasn't convenient for us and we missed our sushi on the Glory Promenade.

I think I'd rather have the taste bar anyway. It is confusing how they roll out these new venues. We're on the Valor at the end of this month, I just looked on CCL and it isn't clear....it isn't listed as a ship with the Taste bar or punchliners....but the old sushi bar isn't shown either. Oh well, I wouldnt worry too much about it, there will be sushi somewhere, just need to find it!:)

What is the taste bar and is it included? Thank you. And on the Glory last August they had sushi both in the sushi bar and buffet , however I know the sushi bar was replaced by the taste bar.

What is the taste bar and is it included? Thank you. And on the Glory last August they had sushi both in the sushi bar and buffet , however I know the sushi bar was replaced by the taste bar.

Appetizer servings of real food, based on some of the Carnival restaurants.

It is included.

So far, my favorite

Blue Iguana Cantina, Chicken, Avocado & Lime Tortilla Soup and Roast Pork, Green Chili Salsa, Aged Cotija Cheese, Tortilla.

DSC_0851_DxO.jpg

I never found a sushi bar on the Pride a few weeks ago, but the space where the cheese, deli meats, potato salad or cole slaw is located next to the salad bar on the Lido had sushi there several nights during dinner.

I never found a sushi bar on the Pride a few weeks ago, but the space where the cheese, deli meats, potato salad or cole slaw is located next to the salad bar on the Lido had sushi there several nights during dinner.

Deck plan show a sushi bar on Deck 2 in the area of Piazza Cafe. Dunno if it still exists.

It is included.

So far, my favorite

Blue Iguana Cantina, Chicken, Avocado & Lime Tortilla Soup and Roast Pork, Green Chili Salsa, Aged Cotija Cheese, Tortilla.

This is very good but had a problem eating the meat without a fork. Ended up using two toothpicks a tiny chopsticks.

It is included.

So far, my favorite

DSC_0851_DxO.jpg

Thank you!! Looks good.

Archived