TRIUMPH breaks free from dock in Mobile, AL

mibond007

http://www.wkrg.com/story/21872087/breaking-carnival-triumph-breaks-loose-from-dock

Triumph broke free from the dock in Mobile and was floating across river. somehow in breaking free it sustained damage. I live in Mobile, thought everyone would want to see this.

Our local news station is reporting that there may be crew members in the water. I hope they are okay.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/21872440/cursed-carnival-cruise-liner-breaks-free-from-dock

The other question is about the crew, why did they jump? Even if it broke loose, why not stay on the ship?

Word was that they weren't on the ship, but in a guard shack that was blown into the water.

There were two males in the water, they have recovered one. They were in a guard shack that blew over, no connection to the Triumph it was two docks over.

They are showing pictures, there is a large gash on the aft corner between decks 5 & 6. If you were on the aft warp on deck 6 you could look down and see the huge gash.

Oh my!! Poor Triumph, can't catch a break. Carnival should sell it. I don't think anyone will want to sail on her. It seems to have all the bad luck.

Now maybe people will quit complaining and understand why they may miss a port when the winds are high! Wind can be a mighty force.

My thoughts exactly. If the ship is in BAE's control, then wouldn't they be responsible???

Depends,

Did Carnival's lines break?

Did Carnival's equipment holding the lines to the ship break?

Only one thing for certain at this point. More billable hours for both companys' outside lawyers! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link. According to the news source, CCL made the following statement:

"Due to strong winds in Mobile, Alabama, Carnival Triumph, which was docked at a Mobile shipyard, broke away from its moorings. The ship drifted and is currently resting against a cargo vessel. Tug boats and the U.S. Coast Guard are on site."

Oh my!! Poor Triumph, can't catch a break. Carnival should sell it. I don't think anyone will want to sail on her. It seems to have all the bad luck.

Now maybe people will quit complaining and understand why they may miss a port when the winds are high! Wind can be a mighty force.

:mad: WELL, I for one want to still sail on her! And I expect to on her June 22nd. Though, I did hear the newsguy say that she wasn't supposed to leave Mobile until LATE June. I do hope he's wrong because all the information I've received from Carnival indicated June 3rd as her first sailing.

Poor Carnival just cannot catch a break! This doesn't affect my thought of cruising on Carnival at all. I have one scheduled in July. Maybe I will get lucky and they will lower prices again? :D

We're on July 29, find the roll call, kind of sparse so far.

Archived