Gym on ships??

Playtennis

I'm not sure that I've ever see a description or photos of the gym aboard the O ships.

We love good food but we also love a good, hard work out! With an upcoming cruise with 40% of the days being at-sea days the concern is waddling off the ship (and the extra charge from the airlines for our over-weight!!).

Does anyone have info, and better yet photos, of the gyms on the O and R ships?

Gym is okay in some areas..good free weight selection, good weight machines, plenty of treadmills. Downside is only 3 eliptical trainers (and not a good brand) in fair to poor state of repair and poor TV pix and sound quality on all cardio machines..at least that was the case when we were on Riviera in early March.

I put a plea up on this board to Mr.FDR to look into this "eliptical problem." No response. Also, I complained to the otherwise very responsive Canyon Ranch staff and just got a shoulder shrug saying they had no contol.

This lack of satisfactory eliptical equipment was a primary reason we cancelled our booked on board TA on Riviera next November and will be on a TA Celebrity Aqua class instead. We still love Oceania and, hoping for imorovements in the gym, have booked eastern caribbean on Riviera next February. However, for a TA with so many sea days we decided going with the great gym as well as indoor pools of Celebrity Eqinox was a better fit for us

P1000172.JPG

P1000171.JPG

P1000174.JPG

P1000173.JPG

We did some Celebrity cruises with the Solstice, Eclipse and Infinity, so I can compare and cannot agree to the comments. For the small ship, the gym was very well and broadly equipped and every time we found a place for our workout. We also liked the new sauna and at top there is a nice pool either with excellent chairs. :)

P1000178.JPG

P1000172.JPG

P1000171.JPG

P1000174.JPG

P1000173.JPG

We did some Celebrity cruises with the Solstice, Eclipse and Infinity, so I can compare and cannot agree to the comments. For the small ship, the gym was very well and broadly equipped and every time we found a place for our workout. We also liked the new sauna and at top there is a nice pool either with excellent chairs. :)

P1000178.JPG

Dinotol, I have taken six Celebrity cruises and never had a problem getting access to a quality eliptical machine, even at busy times in the gym. On Oceania we found the eliptical equipment to be of poor quality (Technogym brand, I believe), and with only 3 machines they were often unavailable when we wanted to use them. Also, the thalassotherapy pool is great on Oceania Riviera..we loved it on our recent Caribbean cruise, but it is outdoors, so ability to use it in cool or very windy weather would be questionable...especially important factor for us on a Transatlantic cruise.

Sure I agree, meanwhile our panama cruise with the "solstilized" Infinity we had 4 seadays one behind the other and unlucky weather conditions, so we liked to escape especially in the stunning roofed Solarium, that would be impossible on the Riviera.

There's a gym but the food is so great that you should prepare to gain weight.

Without a doubt I did not hold back when dining onboard. After all, how often can you start the day with lamb chops for breakfast!! and it only gets better.

DW, as always, watched her intake but often couldn't resist.

My weigh gain after 12 days - -2 pounds (yes minus) :rolleyes:

DW gain - well let's just say she wasn't happy.

With ONLY ;) 450+ days until our 20 day cruise DW has set the goal for weight lose. Me - I think I'll go crack open another beer and figure somethin' out :)

Archived