April 6th San Diego sailings

DAllenTCY

I dropped off my sister and BIL about 2. She texted me that it took them 90 minutes to board the Zaandam. The line of people outside the terminal was long, but I've seen longer when we had 3 ships in port! Traffic not too bad, but getting out of there was a hassle due to construction and road closures.

Just got another text from my sister. Apparently there's someone on the Zaandam who needs immediate medical attention so they are coming back in now!

Oh no:eek: thank goodness they weren't too far out.

My wife and I just drove down Harbor Drive to watch the Westerdam pull out. There is no road construction impairing the route between the cruise ships and the airport. San Diego and/or the Port are in the process of developing the area but it actually is being handled very well. I have no idea why you have such negative comments. The ships sailed at 5:30pm and 6pm today, which is 30 minutes later than usual.

"Walk in the elements"? This is San Diego. :-) Sunny and warm today. We were wearing shorts.

igraf

:rolleyes: ..Frankly I was just stating the facts, and a three minute walk in the elements and especially for some of HAL's average age content may be a bit strenuous especially while they are carrying the smaller carry on luggage. Unfortunately the current situation is not necessarily HAL's but rather San Diego Port Authorities and City of San Diego. The Situation they have created would be what I call Poor Planning and I am sure this road construction could have been put off just 5 weeks or so AFTER the Cruise Ship Season has ended. They planned this knowing full well the crowds created by one or more ships would end very soon when there will be no ships coming into town. Definitely not a great way to start or end a cruise vacation. I encountered this lat Year and San Diego just appears to have more problems rather than less.

My wife and I just drove down Harbor Drive to watch the Westerdam pull out. There is no road construction impairing the route between the cruise ships and the airport. San Diego and/or the Port are in the process of developing the area but it actually is being handled very well. I have no idea why you have such negative comments. The ships sailed at 5:30pm and 6pm today, which is 30 minutes later than usual.

"Walk in the elements"? This is San Diego. :-) Sunny and warm today. We were wearing shorts.

igraf

Yes I am well aware it was nice today just stating it could have been, I don't know why everyone tries to argue or make something into something it isn't just stating a fact that I was surprised they were disembarking from the forward gangway when they could have been disembarking closer to the tent or where ever the luggage was and that if there had been bad weather.... but oh well let's just continue to argue and make a mountain out of a mole hill :D

Two fire engines and one ambulance dispatched for one person falling doesn't add up. There has to be a little more to this.

David

Routine response would be one engine co. and one paramedic-ambulance. Having said that, they would not return the ship to port for a "simple" fall

Routine response would be one engine co. and one paramedic-ambulance. Having said that, they would not return the ship to port for a "simple" fall

That is what I thought, a routine fall where one sprains their ankle would not get the ship turning around. The fortunate part was they were close enough to turn around.

Archived