The Plaza on Oceana

RICO72

Thinking of booking onto Oceana - never been before.

Is 'The Plaza' buffet open practically 24 hours or just at certain times for breakfast, lunch and dinner ? Also, I'm aware it's always smart casual dress, but literature I've seen intimates that for evenings it turns into a table-service venue. Is this true, or is it just a part of the room that does this, with the self-serve buffet still available - a bit like Waterside/Beach House on Ventura ?

Thank you in advance.

Thinking of booking onto Oceana - never been before.

Is 'The Plaza' buffet open practically 24 hours or just at certain times for breakfast, lunch and dinner ? Also, I'm aware it's always smart casual dress, but literature I've seen intimates that for evenings it turns into a table-service venue. Is this true, or is it just a part of the room that does this, with the self-serve buffet still available - a bit like Waterside/Beach House on Ventura ?

Thank you in advance.

The Plaza is always a self service buffet, but part of it becomes a separate waiter service dining area in the evenings - or it did when I last sailed on her a couple of years ago. Unlike the Beach House Diner on Ventura however, there was an extra charge in the waiter service area as it was classed as a select dining venue!

Oceana's 'Plaza' disappointed us unlike the two buffet restaurants on Ventura, hubby went to get a snack and we were told to use cafe jardin after 9.30pm (and you can't take food out of cafe jardin - we used to make sandwiches for the kids for the next day in the waterside on ventura to take on excursions the next day)

The plaza isn't very big, especially for breakfast either

I preferred the Plaza on Oceana to the Waterside on Ventura as it was a pleasant place and I never had a problem getting a table. Of course you don't go there at busy times but that applies to all buffets. The Plaza has a substantial bar and it is a pity it can't be turned back into a 'Crows Nest' venue once the all night buffet (just left overs really) is decanted down to the garden kaf ;)

I preferred the Plaza on Oceana to the Waterside on Ventura as it was a pleasant place and I never had a problem getting a table. Of course you don't go there at busy times but that applies to all buffets. The Plaza has a substantial bar and it is a pity it can't be turned back into a 'Crows Nest' venue once the all night buffet (just left overs really) is decanted down to the garden kaf ;)

Good heavens I think I agree with you Dave, I may have to go and lie down.

On our first Oceana cruise they used this area for the quiz at 10.30. It has got a bit of a dance floor so it could be used for other things. When I think the Orangery on Aurora has a place for a band, never seen one there.

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool::cool:

Archived