Newbie here: Sailing April 2014

Memsy87

Hi there

Myself and my fiancee are going on a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon next year. Are there any tips for us?

Our ports of call are Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten.

Thanks guys

Welcome to cruisecritic!

What ship are you thinking about?

As soon as you know what ship and the date you are sailing join the Roll Call for that cruise.

Then you can 'talk' to others on your cruise (via email) and learn what others have planned to do in each port and can even join them. (On one roll call 12 of us chartered a sunset snorkeling trip in Aruba- had the boat to ourselves!)

Check out the ports here on cruisecritic. Let us know what you like to do, see, etc. then we can tell you about different things to do.

Don't hesitate to keep asking questions here. This is a good place to find the answers to all questions!

Hi Memsy, greetings from a sunny but chilly Donegal.

I echo Bonnie on the roll call, a great way to meet people ahead of the cruise.

As a fellow resident of this fair isle, I offer one piece of vital advice based on painful experience. Top up your sun block regularly. We did the Western Caribbean on Freedom OTS in 2009 and while in Grand Cayman, put on plenty.

However after swimming with stingrays and snorkling, my daughter and I didn't re-apply it, and within 30 minutes, we were fried!

Research the options for the three stops, read reviews of what other people have done and then decide what you want to do. Remember, in most instances, the excursions offered through the ship can be much more expensive than private operators who offer the same thing, and the roll call can be invaluable for making arrangements with other cruisers.

I hope you and your fiancee have a ball, and if you want to make contact, my e-mail address is donalkav at eircom dot net.

Donal.

Welcome to cruisecritic!

What ship are you thinking about?

As soon as you know what ship and the date you are sailing join the Roll Call for that cruise.

Then you can 'talk' to others on your cruise (via email) and learn what others have planned to do in each port and can even join them. (On one roll call 12 of us chartered a sunset snorkeling trip in Aruba- had the boat to ourselves!)

Check out the ports here on cruisecritic. Let us know what you like to do, see, etc. then we can tell you about different things to do.

Don't hesitate to keep asking questions here. This is a good place to find the answers to all questions!

Well we've got the Allure booked for 27th April 2014 for 7 nights.

Hi- Have been on excursions in the ports you mentioned.

What kinds of activities are you interested in at the ports?

I would love to do something with dolphins. We have only got a few hours in Nassau though so I'm at a Loss as to where else to do it

Archived