Booking via website or calling a planner

I'm planning a late summer cruise for my family of 4 and my sister's family of 4.

I called the 866# with a question and the rep came up with more cabin options than the website.

I've always booked my cruises online.

Any preferences out there

I'm planning a late summer cruise for my family of 4 and my sister's family of 4.

I called the 866# with a question and the rep came up with more cabin options than the website.

I've always booked my cruises online.

Any preferences out there

The website does not show all the available staterooms. What I've done before is to book on the website, and then call to find other available staterooms and move if they have one that I prefer. This allows the booking to still be tagged as being booked on the website, so you continue to have website options such as changing dining times, etc.

I do all my research online, pick out the cabin we want, then call C&A and do the booking. Since I've always booked waaaaaaay in advance, I've never had a problem getting a cabin that we would be happy with....;):)

If using a next cruise certificate don't you have to use a TA or call RCI rather than booking online? If not, how do you do it? I have not been able to figure out how to indicate correct booking number on my own.

If using a next cruise certificate don't you have to use a TA or call RCI rather than booking online? If not, how do you do it? I have not been able to figure out how to indicate correct booking number on my own.

I believe you are correct. I don't think you can book online if using a next cruise certificate.

Thanks all,

I called RCCL last night and booked three cabins. Like posted, you don't see ALL the available cabins online. When I called RCCl, I was able to get all the cabins close to each other, I may regret that later, LOL.

I called C & A this morning and got a bigger discount as a platinum member and signed up for some OBC with the Bring a Friend promotion.

Thanks for the help

If your credit card has a "rewards mall" you can click on the cruise company and book through there and save a % on the cruise. I also found the cabin was $400 cheaper that booking through the RCI site on top of the 4% cash back travel eraser rewards program.

Archived