Odd phone call from Carnival

lorib927

1.Some people have had trouble printing documents from the website, she could tell me how to access them. (I have already printed).

Can you tell me this because I am having problems printing them for the first time since we started cruising 2 years ago

I use Firefox as my default browser. Nothing printed in Firefox. Someone on the CC boards told me to use IE and it worked perfectly.

If you're using Firefox you may want to use Internet Explorer to print them.

I received the same call from someone named Carol. Asked the exact same questions. This will be our 30 + Carnival cruise. I too wondered why now.

Like someone else stated....it's a good segway into selling you something else. I guess they figured with all the issues people are a little jumpy and they may be able to sell trip insurance and make more money.

Or could be a way to make people feel more easy about cruising if they have insurance.

i had the same problem (screen turned blue and couldn't click on anything). I called carnival tech support and she said "press the escape key on the keyboard when the screen turned blue" and sure enough the blue screen went away and i was able to print everything i needed. I have windows 8 and ie 10. Hopes this helps.

Thanks!!! That did it!!

Received the same call last October. I HAD purchased insurance so don't think it was that. Honestly I hate sales calls and this one did not feel like it at all. She asked if we had any special celebrations planned I stated anniversary and she must have put that down as we were surprised with a dessert and singing in the dining room--on both legs of our b2b. haha. I thought the all was strange as I have never received a call like this and we started cruising with Carnival in the '80's. Never appeared to be selling me anything and couldn't have been damage control as the incidents had not happened yet.

Suspect the call was to sell insurance (after all that was "most importantly" - the other tips/questions were "wrapping" the package of selling the insurance - established rapport before the sell.

Exactly.

We cruised in Feb and we did get a call from Carnival down in Miami, but never pick the phone up and let it go to voice mail. No one left a message, so called my PVP, he thought it may have just been a "reminder" about the cruise.... :p I doubt I would for about my cruise.

In all our cruises and land vacations we have never bought insurance. Even my PVP knows this. I guess I don't get these calls as I never pick up my phone for numbers I don't know. If its important I figure they will leave a message.

Archived