Concerns about Triumph june22

yoursurfer

We are booked on June 22 out of Galveston. We are a group of nine. Lots of differing job schedules, issues etc. after what happened yesterday, we as a group are concerned about the cruise being cancelled. I takes to my pvp this am, my choices are wait and take a chance, rebook for the Conquest out of New Orleans on a 7 day ( original was 5 day) for 9 dollars more. My concern is if we wait and Carnival cancels, it seems like in the past all prices went up and everything booked pretty quickly. Also it sort of seems Triumph is cursed. My mom plans to bring holy water if we sail on her.... Opinions?

We are booked on June 22 out of Galveston. We are a group of nine. Lots of differing job schedules, issues etc. after what happened yesterday, we as a group are concerned about the cruise being cancelled. I takes to my pvp this am, my choices are wait and take a chance, rebook for the Conquest out of New Orleans on a 7 day ( original was 5 day) for 9 dollars more. My concern is if we wait and Carnival cancels, it seems like in the past all prices went up and everything booked pretty quickly. Also it sort of seems Triumph is cursed. My mom plans to bring holy water if we sail on her.... Opinions?

besides fixing the gap in the hull what else would cause them to cancel the June 22nd cruise?

Bill

I feel your pain. We were scheduled on Triumph on March 2. We were a group of 13, coming in from all over the country. I think we found out about 3 weeks before our actual sailing that it was cancelled. It took some scrambling, lots of phone calls, etc. We decided to do Magic on April 21st. With the 15% discount, and a great PVP, we were able to move from primo balcony cabins on Triumph, to mostly interior spa cabins on Magic, for no extra money. We did lose one cruiser - he didn't want to go. Carnival was great and refunded all out of pocket expenses. I am still waiting for my Priceline hotel reimbursement, but they assure me that it is coming.

My advice - wait and see what happens and if you do get cancelled - act quick. Talk to your group about a backup plan. If you wait too long to rebook, the fares will go up.

Once Carnival has Triumph all fixed, it will be great. It is hell not knowing what is going on...

If it wasn't going to cost much money, I would cancel now and book something else. In my opinion the ship will not be ready in time for your cruise. If it were to cost a lot to cancel, I would wait until Carnival cancels it.

If you don't switch right now, get your group discussing plan B now. Our group of 10 was able to get rebooked in less than 24 hours on our May cruise. We had some friends who were also on the March 2 Triumph cruise, and they barely got a cabin on the Magic that same week. A one day delay can cost you your vacation when you're competing with thousands of other displaced cruisers.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another thing to keep in mind - what are the extra costs associated with getting to NOLA vs Galveston? We could switch to the Conquest for not much more - but when you factored in gas, hotel, extra time, extra day-before expenses...it ended up not being worth it to us so we just switched to the Magic.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

First of all, that comment about your mom bringing the holy water was extremely hilarious to me and after a crazy busy day at work the laugh was much appreciated. So thank you!

With all that's been going on lately there's no guarantee that she (Triumph) will be ready to sail by then. I'd hope she will be (because I'm quite tired of seeing all of the cancellation posts here and I want Carnival to get it together) but you just never know. If you and your group are worried about whether this cruise will happen I say go ahead and switch over to the Conquest. You can't be 2 extra days at sea for only $9 more and you'll have peace of mind to boot!

I would book the 7 day now....I am not concerned about going on Carnival at all but I wouldn't book anything on the Triumph...that poor ship is cursed so if it were me I would change now if I had a cruise booked on that ship.

I guess the wife and I will be the only ones on it in October.Never had the whole ship to ourselves before. Seriously, don't you think it will be better than before ? Of course I don't believe in curses, so we will stick with our plans.

I would book the 7 day now....I am not concerned about going on Carnival at all but I wouldn't book anything on the Triumph...that poor ship is cursed so if it were me I would change now if I had a cruise booked on that ship.

LOL @ the Holy water comment.....my Mother-In-Law would be bringing her PRIEST with her:eek::eek: I really don't know what to think about this ship. We are getting on the Breeze in 9 days and I am feeling GOOD about it, but the Triumph, ummmmmmmm, not so much. I really am starting to think she is cursed. lol.

Archived