Help - stay on deck 15 or upgrade to OS on deck 9?

gladgirl

I assume you are in a two bedroom haven villa on deck 14?

The OS is a much bigger cabin, set up very well for two people, and the balconies are huge (two of them). For more people, the two bedroom is a better setup, with a second full bath. I have found the movement different but just about the same intensity in both the forward and Haven cabins. I don't have a problem with seasickness, but hubby does, and hasn't had any real issues in either most of the time, and only a tiny bit when seas were mid-rough, never really bad. Keeping the curtains closed isn't really an issue unless you like to wake up to full sunlight, and even then just open the curtains after you turn off the lights on the way to bed - thes nothing to see through the windows anyway at night, but you can still use the balconies if you want, just not the balcony lights.. The main question is will you spend more time in your cabin or more in the Haven? We spend more time in the suite and on our balcony, and very little time in the Haven, so we prefer the size of the Owners Suite and its balconies. If you will be spending a lot of time in the haven, it's quite a hike back and forth to the OS. We never minded as we only went maybe once or twice a day to use the hot tub, but if you were using it more it would get tiresome.

Robin

Robin

BTW, there are only a couple of differences in suite perks between the OS and the Haven Suite: The OS gets three one liter bottles of alcohol and unlimited canned sodas and bottled water in the suite vs a single bottle of water in the Haven suite and no soda or alcohol. The OS gets real champagne, the Haven suite gets sparkling wine. Not much else that I can think of.

Robin

We've just returned from our 9th stay in an OS.

Our favorite OS's are in the Dawn/Star class ships and the Jewel class ships. They have wonderful balconies on the front for port time and less windy times, as well as a protected side balcony when it's rainy or windy(Pride of America had only side balconies, the Sun only had a front facing balcony, even though it was huge). Another benefit of the OS's (that we favor) is that they are very quiet/private. Not much traffic there, and the bridge is the only thing above you. They also have an extra 1/2 bath in the front hallway. You won't have a problem with lights @ night, since your steward will pull the drapes in your bedroom at turndown, and if the ship is moving--your side balcony will be more comfortable when you want to be outside.

The 3 bottles of liquor, any and all sodas & mixers are GREAT, because unless you have plans, you will be able to enjoy the beautiful suite you've paid for. Never been bored, never wanted to leave on disembarkation morning, never been seasick there. Butlers and Concierges take very good care of OS guests, believe me. Bonvoyage!!!!!!:)

Archived