Senior Discount

I am planning to book a cruise on the Legend sailing September 2014. These bookings opened about 3 weeks ago.

This would be the first time DH would qualify for the Senior Discount. The Senior Discount is not available right now. If I were to book it now to get the cabin I want, would I be able to get any price reductions resulting from a Senior Discount offered in the future, or are Senior Discounts applicable only to new bookings? Should I wait till there is a Senior Discount available?

I am planning to book a cruise on the Legend sailing September 2014. These bookings opened about 3 weeks ago.

This would be the first time DH would qualify for the Senior Discount. The Senior Discount is not available right now. If I were to book it now to get the cabin I want, would I be able to get any price reductions resulting from a Senior Discount offered in the future, or are Senior Discounts applicable only to new bookings? Should I wait till there is a Senior Discount available?

If you are lucky enough to have a senior discount show up for your cruise, you can get your price adjusted, as long as it's before final payment date.

On our last cruise we received a senior discount for my In-Laws that showed up after the final payment day (about a month later). We were told that residency, senior and I believe service professionals discounts could still be applied even after the final payment date.

• 3 weeks later...
On our last cruise we received a senior discount for my In-Laws that showed up after the final payment day (about a month later). We were told that residency, senior and I believe service professionals discounts could still be applied even after the final payment date.

The Senior/Residency/Military/Police/Fire discounts will be applied up until final payment is due. When I saw this post I called RCI as prices had dropped because of residency rate after final payment was due for my upcoming Alaska cruise, and was told no discounts.:( It used to be that those discounts could be applied at any time between booking and departure, but, alas, no more. I require an accessible stateroom so I couldn't take advantage of an upgrade.

Senior Discount as rare as elephant eggs

Actually Senior Discounts are quite frequent. I live in Georgia and in the Caribbean, Resident discounts are very frequent. But senior and military are also very frequent. I qualify for Resident, Senior, Military, and Interline. Interline is considered "deep discount" and can not be used with C & A discounts. I booked Oasis for Sept. and the Interline rate was $100 less than the Resident Rate. But I am D+ so I get a $250 discount on a balcony or higher. So I booked using the Resident discount as I could apply my D+ discount to it and actually save $50 per cabin. Discovered that you sometimes need to do the math before you pick the rate.

Archived