I didn't see that coming!!!

Cruzayear

I wonder what kind of spin they can put on this idea to make it sound fair. Because the only explanation I can think of is that they are trying to get their hands on your money as soon as possible, which is the kind of thing makes you doubt a company's financial stability.

Wait.. am I missing something? A deposit is just a PARTIAL payment.... they are not making any extra money by charging a double deposit......

They specifically want to discourage single occupancy, because they make less money off of 1 person than they do off of 2+

So now when booking a single room you must pay the double deposit. I don't mind paying the double occupancy rate but $500 deposit? Wow.:(:(

IMHO, it makes sense and I guess I would have expected it. To me, it makes no difference on the deposit anyway as it's pay me now, pay me later deal. That's why I am always confused on the cruise line promotions of 1/2 deposit. Who cares as that does not make the cruise cheaper?

I guess at least by you posting it clarifies for some other people may not think of it. Have a good day and a good cruise.

I booked 2 rooms on the Conquest for August and only paid $500.00 for both rooms. I just look at it as partial paynet on the cruise. No big deal for us. If we cansel, they keep $50.00 and the rest is saved for a future cruise in the nest 2 years. Again, not a problem!:)

Deposits don't really bother me... if it's an extra $250, I might otherwise make $2 in interest in a year if I wasn't out that amount due to a deposit. These days, I try to pay the cruise in full when I make the reservation, or shortly thereafter.

Can you not find a friend and tell them, "Hey, i'll take you on a cruise for free". It wouldnt cost any more than cruising by yourself. Or even say, "Give me $200 and i'll pay for the rest of your cruise, or buy me a beer or two and I'll pay for your cruise." If one of my friends told me that, i'd be on it like a fly on you know what...

I know that...I've booked ES before and had to cancel before. I was wondering if $50 or $100 is retained as a loss and how much is held for FCC. Is it $200, $400, or $450 to future credit.

It depends on your deposit...$50 is always lost if solo. I'm not sure if it's double for a couple, because I cruise solo. if you deposited $500, then $450 would be held for a future cruise, if $250, then $200 is held. Is that what you were asking?

I had to cancel my SA 3 leg cruise last year on the Slendor, but only 2 legs were ES...my deposit on each leg was $400...so I lost $50 per leg, which leaves $700 on hold. But I don't have to neccessarily book 2 cruises. I can use that $700 on just one.

It depends on your deposit...$50 is always lost if solo. I'm not sure if it's double for a couple, because I cruise solo. if you deposited $500, then $450 would be held for a future cruise, if $250, then $200 is held. Is that what you were asking? .

Thank you! Thats exactly what I was trying to find out :)

Archived