I didn't see that coming!!!

Cruzayear

So now when booking a single room you must pay the double deposit. I don't mind paying the double occupancy rate but $500 deposit? Wow.:(:(

Double occupancy doesnt translate to single deposit

I wonder what kind of spin they can put on this idea to make it sound fair. Because the only explanation I can think of is that they are trying to get their hands on your money as soon as possible, which is the kind of thing makes you doubt a company's financial stability.

I've done it this way with every cruise that I have been on with Carnival. I mean every time. There are usually quite a few of us and we are not always sure if a second will be coming along for my Mom. Sometimes a friend comes and we just add her or Mom goes solo.

It did when I booked the Miracle solo last winter and it does for my solo RCI booking next December. One person; deposit for one. Interesting change considering the non-refundable deposit categories on Carnival.

So now when booking a single room you must pay the double deposit. I don't mind paying the double occupancy rate but $500 deposit? Wow.:(:(

Wow...I wonder why they changed that policy. :confused::confused:

Wow...I wonder why they changed that policy. :confused::confused:

It was changed because people were abusing the system. They would book like they were solo to avoid putting up two deposits and then add the second person after final payment. All of us solo cruisers have the abusers to say thank you to.:(

I would rather pay the double deposit than the double occupancy rate.

It was changed because people were abusing the system. They would book like they were solo to avoid putting up two deposits and then add the second person after final payment. All of us solo cruisers have the abusers to say thank you to.:(

How is that abuse? A deposit was paid to hold the room, the price of the cruise doesn't change.:confused:

Amen been that way for at least a year? Have to pay it anyway so not a bother.

They changed that policy about this time last year. I know. Sucks. :(

So Im curious. If you book a solo cruise under ES and have to cancel do you still only lose $50 or is it $100 since you're paying double deposit?

The deposit in non refundable with early saver. $50 is for the change fee.

If you cancel ES Carnival holds your deposit for, I think 2 years that can be used for a future cruise. From this they take a $50 admin fee.

Ironically, your held deposit can't be used for a deposit.

If you plan on cruising this year and book your cruise this Friday or Saturday you only need 50% deposit so a single on a 7 day cruise will only need the $250....better hurry though.

If you cancel ES Carnival holds your deposit for, I think 2 years that can be used for a future cruise. From this they take a $50 admin fee.

Thank you for clarifying! I thought that the full deposit would be forfeited. I'm still going to book, I just hadn't planned on so much up front.

I wonder what kind of spin they can put on this idea to make it sound fair. Because the only explanation I can think of is that they are trying to get their hands on your money as soon as possible, which is the kind of thing makes you doubt a company's financial stability.

Really!!!!!!

...Now that's funny. Carnival Corp. has very little debt. I would say the corporation is extremely stable.

...They changed the "single deposit" policy about a year ago because of people abusing the system.

I know that...I've booked ES before and had to cancel before. I was wondering if $50 or $100 is retained as a loss and how much is held for FCC. Is it $200, $400, or $450 to future credit.

I discovered this recently and at first it didn't make sense to me. But then I realized its likely because the fcc is not applied immediately. It took a few days for the credit to show up on my booking.

I guess I don't find this strange because Royal Caribbean has the same type of deposit on suites, whether or not you are cruising solo, double or trible. Your deposit is twice the amount double the amount as the balcony, oceanview and interior cabins.

Archived