Hapag-LLoyd Europa 2.

English Voyager

I don't think it will be posted. I did some research and found that I should have received an auto-email acknowledging receipt by Cruise Critic. I did not receive an auto-email, so sent an email to Cruise Critic and received no response. I emailed once more and got a form email in return that did not address my question. I replied to that hoping I could find out what went wrong -- did I make an error -- but no reply. This would have been my first review, so perhaps I made an error(s) in submission.

I would have appreciated the courtesy of a reply by Cruise Critic, but I doubt I will get one.

start over and resubmit?

I don't think it will be posted. I did some research and found that I should have received an auto-email acknowledging receipt by Cruise Critic. I did not receive an auto-email, so sent an email to Cruise Critic and received no response. I emailed once more and got a form email in return that did not address my question. I replied to that hoping I could find out what went wrong -- did I make an error -- but no reply. This would have been my first review, so perhaps I made an error(s) in submission.

I would have appreciated the courtesy of a reply by Cruise Critic, but I doubt I will get one.

Have you gone back into the review template to see if your draft is still there?

Having logged in, top right hand corner of the template, any omissions , having compiled the draft review,normally triggers a prompt when attempting to submit it.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/collect/europa-2/

Edited by English Voyager

My TA just called to let me know HL/E2 offered me a free upgrade to a Penthouse Suite on our upcoming trip Capetown-Capetown departing Dec. 19, which also will include butler service (though I am not sure what a butler will do for us that a cabin stewardess would not be able to do in the lower cost suites, as this ship is know for its excellent service). This will be our first Europa2 trip (indeed our first trip with any Hapag-Lloyd ship), so I was surprised to get the upgrade offer, as we have no status as frequent cruisers with them. We had booked and paid for a simple ocean suite because I was interested in having a little view of the ocean off the balcony while lying in the distant tub, and the Penthouse Suite does not have such a view, but I accepted the offer anyway as DH, who does not like things too cramped, will likely appreciate the free extra spaciousness and heck, I do not typically get free upgrades to anything on ships due to lack of status, so may as well go for it!. Maybe someone cancelled short notice and HL is trying to impress us, as first time HL cruisers from the English language market, and get us hooked on the pricier suites. The PH suite is slightly further forward than our previously booked ocean suite, but is otherwise in a good location.

My TA just called to let me know HL/E2 offered me a free upgrade to a Penthouse Suite on our upcoming trip Capetown-Capetown departing Dec. 19, which also will include butler service (though I am not sure what a butler will do for us that a cabin stewardess would not be able to do in the lower cost suites, as this ship is know for its excellent service). This will be our first Europa2 trip (indeed our first trip with any Hapag-Lloyd ship), so I was surprised to get the upgrade offer, as we have no status as frequent cruisers with them. We had booked and paid for a simple ocean suite because I was interested in having a little view of the ocean off the balcony while lying in the distant tub, and the Penthouse Suite does not have such a view, but I accepted the offer anyway as DH, who does not like things too cramped, will likely appreciate the free extra spaciousness and heck, I do not typically get free upgrades to anything on ships due to lack of status, so may as well go for it!. Maybe someone cancelled short notice and HL is trying to impress us, as first time HL cruisers from the English language market, and get us hooked on the pricier suites. The PH suite is slightly further forward than our previously booked ocean suite, but is otherwise in a good location.

Congratulations.

The upgrade fairy has certainly sprinkled you with fairy dust!

An extra 150 sq. ft of accommodation, and a balcony of 108 sq.ft.

According to Hapag-Lloyd's website all the Penthouse Suites are fully booked, so the offer to you may well be as a result of a cancellation.

Given the pricing of the Penthouse Suites, the offer has been a very generous one.

The only potential problem is that it may spoil you for a future cruise on the Europa 2.

may i advice you not to mention it to your fellow travellers on board ?

suppose there are very loyal Hapag passengers with platinum level or so ?

on the other side have fun in the penthouse

you are welcomed by a full bottle of champagne and you do receive 4 or 5 spirits as well as a welcome tray with canapes including gooseliver and some caviar

your butler is bringing you fresh sliced fruit around 11 am - after lunch a special petit four and around 5 pm some appetisers

he is arranging pressing and shoe polishing and other special wishes

like ice - cakes afternoon tea in the suite and eventually bookings in speciality restaurants ,

may i advice you not to mention it to your fellow travellers on board ?

suppose there are very loyal Hapag passengers with platinum level or so ?

Good advice.

I remember in 2002 being on board a Seabourn cruise when all hell broke loose among the American guests after somebody revealed that the Cruise Line had been offering in the UK a discount on that cruise of 70%.

i remember those seabourn policies very well ... "filling up the cabins"

was done in Belgium as well in those days even several times

was able to force them to waive the single supplement and to grant heavy on board credits for changing my booked cruise twice ( charter ) since then obviously on a special list -

well some more about upgrades : i recently was on a seabourn doing 16th - SB tried to put me in the worsest cabin finally a V1 - cruisers doing 2Nd were on V5 and that was not the first time but the third experience in line

so bye and farewell to SB

last month : on crystal serenity doing 18 th - i had to stay in my cabin - 2 people were on guarantee booking doing 3rd : allocated on PH deck not in a PH but in the most expensive non PH cabin ???

and Crystal singing in the mag for repeaters how dear and precious repeaters are?:mad:

and i do have Platinum at Hapag :cool: as well

You may find my review of interest...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/10/03/europa-2-raising-the-bar/

It was so good we have booked again...

15225373678_533a7714ba_z.jpg

15392859245_82a27003c4_z.jpg

Congratulations.

The upgrade fairy has certainly sprinkled you with fairy dust!

An extra 150 sq. ft of accommodation, and a balcony of 108 sq.ft.

According to Hapag-Lloyd's website all the Penthouse Suites are fully booked, so the offer to you may well be as a result of a cancellation.

Given the pricing of the Penthouse Suites, the offer has been a very generous one.

The only potential problem is that it may spoil you for a future cruise on the Europa 2.

Somehow I think Catlover will find the 'bar has been raised' anyway....

Now this impressed me on returning to my suite...

15408798281_045f0c953e_z.jpg

It was that day's edition.

I am keenly interested in the Dubai-Dubai summer cruise... but for 1917! So much looking forward to comments and reviews from you all that will be enjoying the Europa 2 during this year. Please report!

Having now received the 2017/18 Preview Brochure, it does not appear that the Dubai-Dubai itinerary is scheduled for 2017.

Solent Richard, your review on the link is lovely, with stunning pictures. DH and I will not be able to top that photographic quality and thoroughness, but will post impressions.

As for advice of Vistaman to not advertize our upgrade, I would certainly hope that platinums would have been offered an upgrade first ( if on board) -- or perhaps they were upgraded to an even grander suite, like the one with the big jacuzzi right in the ocean window :)

of Europa 2 has now been posted under Member Reviews.

Thank you for your review! I do not know why it takes CC so long to process reviews. Did they delete anything you had written?

Do you have any tips along the lines

of "I wish I had known when I boarded . . . " that you did not find out about until later and wish you had known, that might have changed your experience or approach to things?

Edited by Catlover54
typo

Do you have any tips along the lines

of "I wish I had known when I boarded . . . " that you did not find out about until later and wish you had known, that might have changed your experience or approach to things?

I would say do not be reticent in initiating a conversation with German guests, and be sensitive to the nature of their response.