Veendam/Jumbo Screen at Retreat-Stern

sail7seas

Just one more reason why we would never choose a Veendam cruise.

I said the same thing and then HAL offered what is (to us) an irresistible itinerary. No other ship does it and HAL has not done it for at least 3-4 years. So..... we are booked to sail Veendam.

I said the same thing and then HAL offered what is (to us) an irresistible itinerary. No other ship does it and HAL has not done it for at least 3-4 years. So..... we are booked to sail Veendam.

You'll be fine, Judy. Don't worry. Enjoy...it's a wonderful itinerary.

I was interested to see the pictures of the retro-retrofit on the Veendam. Did they ever do anything to the Rotterdam or is it just like it was after it's big rehab? I was on it's first cruise with the "Retreat" area. Thought it was weird and of course it was leaking. Haven't gone back on since.

St. Louis Sal

Did they ever do anything to the Rotterdam or is it just like it was after it's big rehab? I was on it's first cruise with the "Retreat" area. Thought it was weird and of course it was leaking. Haven't gone back on since.

No, the Rotterdam is still on Retreat 1.0.

I was on the last cruise before her rehab, and, don't care to sail her again. That's sad, as I had well over 100 days on that ship and loved her a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
We are doing our usual b-to-b on Maasdam (hopefully) in July but Veendam has a one week Boston to Boston they are doing once this summer. We have done it before and love that cruise. It hasn't been offered in about 3 years and who knows when it will be offered again.

BUT it's on Veendam...... drat! Wish it was Maasdam. :)

I've been reading this thread with a bit of dread since we want to book a cruise on the Veendam. We sailed on the Veendam several years ago in Alaska and really enjoyed it. Sorry to see that some refits have been less than good.

I'm glad to hear that the roundtrip Boston sailing on the Veendam has sail7seas stamp of approval. If its good enough for sail7seas, it will be good enough for us. We are going to book it tonight.

One of these days we will sail the Maasdam again when we can swing 14 days to go up to Montreal and back to Boston. Until then, the 7 day Boston RT will be enough for us.

I sailed her in October 2012 and they played a Tina Turner farewell concert from Wembley Stadium. I enjoyed watching it while soaking in the hot tub. The weather was cold so there were very few people outside who had to put up with it.

Archived