NCL Dawn Garden Villa 14500 - Cabin Numbers ?

Atlanta07

Maybe someone might know the answers to the questions that elude me in my research.

Does anyone know the different cabin numbers that are in suite 14500? For instance I believe that suite 14506 is the cabin with the sliding glass door to the patio - can anyone confirm that? Also any idea what the other two bedroom cabin numbers are? I'm just trying to be prepared for when we check in so we can tell them what cabin numbers all guests will be in etc.

Thanks for your help! :)

Maybe someone might know the answers to the questions that elude me in my research.

Does anyone know the different cabin numbers that are in suite 14500? For instance I believe that suite 14506 is the cabin with the sliding glass door to the patio - can anyone confirm that? Also any idea what the other two bedroom cabin numbers are? I'm just trying to be prepared for when we check in so we can tell them what cabin numbers all guests will be in etc.

I was fortunate enough to get a tour of one of the Dawn's GV's, but sorry I cannot recall and answer your question....wouldn't it be sufficient for all guests to use the 14500 for check in purposes, and then you assign rooms when you enter the suite? Or would that create an awkward situation for the person in charge.....?

We have always used the villa number when we have been in the Garden Villas. Sometimes it is just my husband and I. Sometimes we have my parents with us and on occasion we have had more guest and used all the bedrooms. It has never been required that we use any number other than the villa number. I can't imaging why anyone would need to know which bedroom people were sleeping in. There is one door to the villa and the villa has three bedrooms. It is not like three separate cabins. This really doesn't answer your question but I can't think of any reason you would need to know the numbers on the doors to the bedrooms. Maybe it is for something that has never been an issue for us. Anyway, enjoy your trip. The Garden Villas are amazing and the Star, the sister ship to the Dawn, is my favorite with its huge outdoor area.

Thanks bear3412 - I appreciate it!

For everyone else the reason why this is important is not for checking into hotel the restaurants etc it is so we know which cabin we are in for the key card to work in our specific rooms and to have the different credit cards attached to our specific cabin numbers etc. We've stayed in the Star GV once before and had it all worked out but I couldn't remember the cabin numbers as it didn't matter after the first day at embarkation.

Thanks again!

We were on the Dawn in 14000 in January. I too thought that we would have to let them know who was in which room, but no. Everyone in our cabin (6 total) had a key card that operated the elevator to 14th floor and to get in the garden villa. The key cards also open every one of the bedrooms (which is a good thing because we all left our key card in the bedroom at one point or another and someone else always had theirs out.) You will LOVE the garden villa!! Have fun!:D

ksimpso3 - Thank you for that info about the room keys going to any room - had no idea. I guess when we sailed in the GV they were just nice enough not to point out that it didn't matter. :) I guess we just assumed it mattered and never tried to go into each others rooms. Thanks again for the info! We are pretty excited to be in the GV again. We thought for sure that the last time would be our last. So glad we get to do it again but instead of Alaska - in the Caribbean!

Thanks bear3412 - I appreciate it!

For everyone else the reason why this is important is not for checking into hotel the restaurants etc it is so we know which cabin we are in for the key card to work in our specific rooms and to have the different credit cards attached to our specific cabin numbers etc. We've stayed in the Star GV once before and had it all worked out but I couldn't remember the cabin numbers as it didn't matter after the first day at embarkation.

Thanks again!

Okay--now your reason makes sense to me...I had just assumed that the person booking the GV was picking up the entire tab, but now I can see that if different couples or families are sharing the GV, all would want to have their own accounts for on board spending....

We really never closed the doors to the bedrooms unless we were sleeping or changing (the front master bedroom had glass doors from closet to shower, so if you don't want everyone in your group to see you naked, I would close the door to the room when showering;). The door to shower from bed area had a mirror on it....thought it was odd the other door wasn't mirrored, but oh well).

Everyone in our group was on their own credit card, which was tied to their specific key card, but the cards opened all the doors and the elevators.

• 11 months later...

the best excursion I have ever done was in Domincan republic last spring. It is with Terri a ex US man. He takes you up in the jungle, you zip line, end in an area with a natural waterfall - then onto a desserted beach where locals make you lunch. He stops through the tiny towns with huts for you to try local items. I highly recommend it http://www.toursamanawithterry.com/

the best excursion I have ever done was in Domincan republic last spring. It is with Terri a ex US man. He takes you up in the jungle, you zip line, end in an area with a natural waterfall - then onto a desserted beach where locals make you lunch. He stops through the tiny towns with huts for you to try local items. I highly recommend it http://www.toursamanawithterry.com/

OOPS, sorry wrong post