TA Questions

I have always booked direct with Rccl but after hearing about the perks people are getting I am considering looking for a TA. Just wondering if you lose control over everything in your reservation

i.e. - the ability to book dinner reservations

- book shows

- change dinner times

- print off set sail passes.

- book shore excursions

I have always booked direct with Rccl but after hearing about the perks people are getting I am considering looking for a TA. Just wondering if you lose control over everything in your reservation

i.e. - the ability to book dinner reservations

- book shows

- change dinner times

- print off set sail passes.

- book shore excursions

I booked my first few cruises myself, switched to a TA for the one to Hawaii.

I was still able to book everything online, just need your RCCL reservation number.

My on shore excursions

My speciality dining

You can still print your own passes, but my TA does it up real nice in a folder, etc

If "changing dinner times" means changing between early, late, or My Time Dining, your TA would have to make that switch.

But yes, you still have control of booking Specialty dining venues, show reservations, shore excursions, etc.

Some TA's charge for changes you may make and many charge for a cancellation. Be sure to ask about this before you choose a TA. It is also a good idea to know that you can reach them over the weekend or a holiday if necessary...like seeing a price drop. I have my TA's personal cell phone number as well as her office number.

INHO, there is usually no difference in fare but you have the benefit in dealing with someone from your own local community rather than a faceless agent in a cruiseline phone bank. Now I have a very good Personal Vacation Planner with CCL but I still prefer my local TA. The best TA's can offer you much more than the cruise lines such as finding better trip insurance and pre-post hotel accommodations.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

You don't lose control over everything, but you lose control over the most important things.

You lose access to your own billing and payment information on your account.

That entire section simply disappears from your account.

You can no longer make payments yourself but must go through the TA who has to make all payments for you.

You can no longer call the cruise line to change cabins or get price drops or even request information but must go through a middle man or woman.

We learned that it often means playing telephone tag with the TA, leaving voice mail messages back and forth.

It seems that TAs always manage to call back at the most inconvenient time.

Many people have reported missing out on a price drop or a special rate because they were not able to reach their TA right away.

Using a TA can be a nuisance, but it is a matter of tradeoffs.

We find it worthwhile when the perks from the TA outweigh the inconvenience.

As previously mentioned, be sure to check out the TA's policy on processing changes and cancellations up front to avoid encountering any unexpected charges later.

You don't lose control over everything, but you lose control over the most important things.

You lose access to your own billing and payment information on your account.

That entire section simply disappears from your account.

You can no longer make payments yourself but must go through the TA who has to make all payments for you. Why is that a problem? We always make payments to our TA. We've never had a problem.

You can no longer call the cruise line to change cabins or get price drops or even request information but must go through a middle man or woman.

We learned that it often means playing telephone tag with the TA, leaving voice mail messages back and forth.

It seems that TAs always manage to call back at the most inconvenient time. Time to find a different, more reliable TA.

Many people have reported missing out on a price drop or a special rate because they were not able to reach their TA right away. I check for price drops on a daily basis. Somehow I missed a price drop that was only available for a short time. Come to find out, my TA also checks prices daily. She found the one that I had missed. I found out about it when I went to make final payment and the price was $75/pp less than what I had expected.

Using a TA can be a nuisance, but it is a matter of tradeoffs.

We find it worthwhile when the perks from the TA outweigh the inconvenience.

As previously mentioned, be sure to check out the TA's policy on processing changes and cancellations up front to avoid encountering any unexpected charges later.

We have never had to pay any fees to our TA. She usually gives us OBC and dinner at one of the specialty restaurants.

Some will tell you the only way to book is directly through RCI. I have never regreted booking through my TA. Everyone's experience will probably vary.

Archived