Emergency passport replacement in Europe, is birth certificate needed?

megs1954

He's 18 and has his original birth name. If he brings his BC, I don't know of a good place to store it. Certainly not with his passport. It's either his money belt or luggage. I don't see that he needs it. More likely to lose it then his passport.

We don't take our passports off the ship. That way we don't lose them.

But if he does take passport off the ship, put the bc in the cabin's safe.

We don't take our passports off the ship. That way we don't lose them.

But if he does take passport off the ship, put the bc in the cabin's safe.

The OP was asking advice about her DS's upcoming land tour, so he won't be on a ship to leave the passport safely there. He will be travelling around Europe, carrying his luggage and his documentation with him.

He's 18 and has his original birth name. If he brings his BC, I don't know of a good place to store it. Certainly not with his passport. It's either his money belt or luggage. I don't see that he needs it. More likely to lose it then his passport.

Really no need to your son to bring his BC.

Just make certain to photo copy his passport and YOU keep the photo copy. In the unlikely event that his passport is lost or stolen you than have a copy that contains the passport number which can than be faxed to him or given the number over the phone. The actual number of the passport lost or stolen is the key to getting a replacement in a timely manner.

Really no need to your son to bring his BC.

Just make certain to photo copy his passport and YOU keep the photo copy. In the unlikely event that his passport is lost or stolen you than have a copy that contains the passport number which can than be faxed to him or given the number over the phone. The actual number of the passport lost or stolen is the key to getting a replacement in a timely manner.

I Agree.

Having the passport number, date of issuance facilitates replacement.

Archived