Ventura refit: Glass House = Ramblas!

tom_uk

I've been sent some pictures by someone on the current Ventura cruise. It appears that there's been very little work done here, other than the installation of an enomatic machine! I was hoping for more....

gh7.jpeg

gh6.jpeg

Great news. Wine bars are so old hat, they have mainly become cafe bars emphasising world and craft beers. Perhaps P&O will eventually make it a speciality beer bar like Michaels Club on Celebrity Silhouette.

Maybe with Venturas possible future as the relaxed fly cruise ship for families etc etc they will lighten up the atmosphere more. In which case reverting to Ramblas is logical. What they also need to do is have East retain an evening casual code on formal nights. They could try dropping the requirement for Metropolis as well so Ventura matches Oceana's more relaxed dress code. Then when Oceana joins Ventura in the med in summer 2015 they will have 2 compatible ships.

I wasn't expecting much really. Besides the usual maintenance, P&O never seem to do much in terms of renovation to their ships. Shame they couldn't spend a penny and make it look a bit different. It doesn't really fit the Glass House 'theme' which looks so nice on Azura.

Another example of the laziness is the fact the Ramblas braille sign is still there on the wall. When I was on Ventura 2 years ago, the signage still showed the sports court to be on deck 16, when in reality it was moved up to deck 19 long before that.

I wasn't expecting much really. Besides the usual maintenance, P&O never seem to do much in terms of renovation to their ships. Shame they couldn't spend a penny and make it look a bit different. It doesn't really fit the Glass House 'theme' which looks so nice on Azura.

I think that change of look was what I was expecting. As it is, I'm afraid it will fail to satisfy either side of the argument: it won't offer what Ramblas used to offer, and it won't provide the full-on Glass House experience that Azura veterans are so fond of.

We've only been on Ventura once, for a 2 night trip last October, but the pics above remind me that my immediate reaction to Ramblas was that it wouldn't look out of place as a tired Disney restaurant in Orlando. In fact, I almost expected to see discarded tomato sauce sachets and chips on the floor and tables. In contrast, the Glass House on Azura looked fresh, clean and inviting when we went on her to the Fjords earlier last year.

Each to his own but I know where I'd prefer to sit.

We've only been on Ventura once, for a 2 night trip last October, but the pics above remind me that my immediate reaction to Ramblas was that it wouldn't look out of place as a tired Disney restaurant in Orlando. In fact, I almost expected to see discarded tomato sauce sachets and chips on the floor and tables. In contrast, the Glass House on Azura looked fresh, clean and inviting when we went on her to the Fjords earlier last year.

Each to his own but I know where I'd prefer to sit.

Couldn't have put it better myself. The only thing I like about Ramblas was the food.

Archived