CHOGS on the Dream (and any other boat)

kboggs75

I am sailing on the Dream in October and I am reading about the CHOGS...

Only one or two people have seen Carnival staff enforcing the 40 min rule...so I have no expectation of that happening.

Has anyone self enforced it?

Just curious on what someone may have done to get a chair when someone is obviously a CHOG...

Also would enjoy reading about any brazen CHOGs and their antics that anyone has seen...

Prior to our February Dream cruise we had never seen Hogs like reported here. I think they were all on our cruise. The first sea day was cold but when we went to run at 7 Am we counted 25 chairs "marked". By the time we finished DH estimated half where taken. It was weird they would put even put cereal boxes on the chairs.

Once it got sunny DH would go up to the Carnival employee where the signs are about the policy and ask them to enforce it. Sorry, we are the dorks who follow rules.

What's the worst that could happen if you move someone's towel? Lol

If I'm looking for a chair and I notice it's a CHOG I'm likely to shove it off and sit my fat hiney down hahahha :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

some one posted a picture, where the crew put a towel animal on every chair... i would have loved to see the CHOGs faces when they walked out at 7 and couldn't find an empty chair on that sailing...

Once it got sunny DH would go up to the Carnival employee where the signs are about the policy and ask them to enforce it. Sorry, we are the dorks who follow rules.

Hello 3dashers, Did the employees then actually enforce it, or not?

I hope so, 'cause I was really looking forward to being able to find a lounger, with circling the deck for half an hour first.

I was on the Dream in March. Got up early the first sea day to 'claim' chairs in Serenity (yes, my butt was in it...) Was still a bit cool out and many college age kids were there sleeping in their bath robes. We had 3 lounges. After a couple hours, DD#2 and I went to get food (gone maybe 20 - 30 minutes)...DD#1 still had her butt planted.

As DD#2 and I were returning to our lounges, we followed an employee who put a sticker on our chairs with the time noted.... (DD#1 was totally oblivious to this happening...must have been deep into her book!!) Presumably, they were checking but I can't verify if they ever circled back around or not. I did not see other passengers searching... Did have 1 VERY LOUD group of 6 show up later in the afternoon who did not have any respect for Serenity.... Was not the college kids being loud....but the 40-somethings!!!

Dream has lots of deck space and chairs available and seems like most were able to find a spot somewhere (either up top or on the exterior of Deck 5 Promenade).

Liked the Dream!! Make sure you check out the Piano Bar. Bob makes it VERY fun!!!

I am sailing on the Dream in October and I am reading about the CHOGS...

Only one or two people have seen Carnival staff enforcing the 40 min rule...so I have no expectation of that happening.

Has anyone self enforced it?

Just curious on what someone may have done to get a chair when someone is obviously a CHOG...

Also would enjoy reading about any brazen CHOGs and their antics that anyone has seen...

Very easy thing to work around.

Once on the Lido deck, have a look around for a chair obviously hogged. Dead giveaways are: the single sandal or flip flop, a scarf, book, the lonely hat. Pick the chair you want, remove the item on it, leave it on the deck. Take the chair and move it to a location nearby. When the Chog returns (not likely but it does happen) you get the joy of watching said Chog scratch his head in bewilderment wondering where his chair got to. No fuss, no arguments - just a well deserved chair and a good chuckle.

some one posted a picture, where the crew put a towel animal on every chair... i would have loved to see the CHOGs faces when they walked out at 7 and couldn't find an empty chair on that sailing...

Hilarious! LOL Any idea where to view this?

Once on the Lido deck, have a look around for a chair obviously hogged. Dead giveaways are: the single sandal or flip flop, a scarf, book, the lonely hat. Pick the chair you want, remove the item on it, leave it on the deck. Take the chair and move it to a location nearby. When the Chog returns (not likely but it does happen) you get the joy of watching said Chog scratch his head in bewilderment wondering where his chair got to. No fuss, no arguments - just a well deserved chair and a good chuckle.

LOVE this and if need be I'll use it in August! Hopefully I won't have to though.

Our final sea day last week they had done the same. The first 2 rows of chairs were complete with towel animals. Great photo time, But I was coming down from Gym and didnt have phone with me to take photo. Really neat to see. That was about 7 am,By 9am they had removed all towel animals.

some one posted a picture, where the crew put a towel animal on every chair...

i would have loved to see the CHOGs faces when they walked out at 7 and couldn't find an empty chair on that sailing...

Chogs.jpg

Wow! Great Idea!!

Just off The Breeze and indeed the sticker patrol was out an about, especially the center pool area. We saw multiple towels, clothes, usual crap hauled away. Never had a problem getting a chair till about 10-10:30

This must be happening quite a bit as this has been the first "CHOG" thread in a loooong time.

What's the worst that could happen if you move someone's towel? Lol

If I'm looking for a chair and I notice it's a CHOG I'm likely to shove it off and sit my fat hiney down hahahha :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ill be doing exactly this.. And I could care less what someone has to say. Follow the rules and you wouldn't have a problem. :rolleyes:

This is genius!!!!!!!

Hello 3dashers, Did the employees then actually enforce it, or not?

I hope so, 'cause I was really looking forward to being able to find a lounger, with circling the deck for half an hour first.

Yes. They were very polite also. Basically hubby pointed out a few chairs which we had noticed over approximately an hour. They explained the processed (which says something like 40 minutes). If chair just had food marking it the food was cleared off but no marker as a warning. We had zero complaints with how they handled it

I would grab a coffee - horrors - have a smoke and just keep my eye on an area. I saw no activity so I would go and sit down, start to read - if someone showed up within 15-20 minutes I would smile and move gladly - if it was 1/2 hour or more - too bad so sad but it was more like 1-2 hours then it was tough s@@t. I would just tell them that their stuff was picked up and moved after an hour and they would have to look elsewhere. If they really kicked up a fuss I would make sure that others saw it and tell them it was not worth mine time or effort to fight with them and would walk away smiling and they would get the wrath of those around them and felt like real s''theads - worked for me.

Archived