Legend Should I Book?

jcike1980

The Carnival Legend has a Reposition cruise out of NYC in October. I like the Itinerary and the Price. I live in NYS. Have never sailed Carnival. I know that Legend had a Propulsion problem not to long ago...I have sailed CC-RC-HA-Princess...Who has sailed the legend as of late??Thanks

Other lines also have had problems. Carnival's just got more news lately. Are you avoiding Celebrity now.. I heard one of their ships had a propulsion problem too.

I personally would book everything I could at rock bottom prices lately and lock in the price.

I just got back last weekend from a deal on RCL rock bottom. I have 3 Carnival's coming up.

Man, if I had seen that itinerary when I was booking my cruise for this year I would have jumped on it. I would love to visit Aruba, that's one of my ports on my wish list to visit, and I love Spirit class ships. I say go for it!

The Carnival Legend has a Reposition cruise out of NYC in October. I like the Itinerary and the Price. I live in NYS. Have never sailed Carnival. I know that Legend had a Propulsion problem not to long ago...I have sailed CC-RC-HA-Princess...Who has sailed the legend as of late??Thanks

The propulsion problem has been fixed and it is now on its transatlantic journey. I cruise on it next month. If you like the itinerary and the price, what's the question?;)

I booked it.

I have never worried about the ship I was booking. Since I have no control over it.. some things its a waste of energy to think about.

If something goes wrong, then I have to deal with it. (and things have), but I dont worry in advance.

I just debarked the ship this past Sunday and they completed the repairs during our cruise. Should have no problems but if that rarity happens during your cruise....hey, you're on a ship - wohooooo!!

On that note, while on my cruise, I spoke with one of the crew members who had been displaced from the Triumph. It was interesting to hear his side and opnions from that famous voyage.

Enjoy your cruise, it looks like a fabulous itinerary!!

We were on the Legend a few weeks ago. She is a nice ship and very well laid out. Enjoy! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I never should have done a "search" on the Legend... Now I want to do this repo. So, in looking it up on a website, the balcony gty is more expensive than any of the balcony staterooms. Do you think we could still get the lowest balcony (which is $170pp less and obstructed)?? I just find this odd paying more and getting less.

Archived