How plentiful are taxi's at Pier 91 Seattle??

Jeano222

We had a hotel shuttle, but the pick-up area is the same area where you got dropped off on embarkation day. Lots of taxis. We were thinking we might have to get a cab in addition to the hotel van (we had fun shopping).

I've read that several people did not get their limo service that they had booked after returning from cruise. How plentiful are taxi's?

Keep in mind that you're hearing about several people of the 40,000+ who passed thru the pier each week.

There will be plenty of taxis ... it's an easy source of revenue so they'll be lined up and ready to go.

Does anyone have an idea of the price of a cab from the port to Vancouver airport? There will be four of us travelling and I think that it will be less money if we can all share a cab. Is this true?

This thread is about Pier 91 in Seattle. Are you asking about a cab from Pier 91 to Vancouver Airport ???

Out of curiosity I contacted a limo service and when I asked how to set up a time for pickup at the port I was told to put down 11:00AM so there would be no crowds. If we are off the ship at 9, I wouldn't want to be waiting there for 2 hours. I think taxi is best option.

Keep in mind most of the taxis are 4 door/5 seat vehicles. Vans exist but are harder to come by. We've tried hailing at the south (near the terminal) as vans come down as well as going to the actual taxi stand (north) and working with the taxi manager, both ways weren't that great but we eventually got one for all 6 of us.

Out of curiosity I contacted a limo service and when I asked how to set up a time for pickup at the port I was told to put down 11:00AM so there would be no crowds. If we are off the ship at 9, I wouldn't want to be waiting there for 2 hours. I think taxi is best option.

I don't know what car service you called but the one that gave you that piece of advise really doesn't want your business. I use Already There Car Service (a local company, google them for website). They set an approximate time with you, you call them when you wake up and let them know when to be there. I've always had my car pick us up in the pax drop-off/pick-up area with five minutes of the "I'm here" call I make after we pass thru the terminal.

To answer your taxi question, when you walk out the terminal doors with your luggage you will see the line of taxis and the taxi stand line directly in front of you.

How much are taxis to Seatac area hotels. My flights got changed and am now leaving Very early the followintg morning, so I'm staying at a hotel post cruise near airport.

Are there any other ways to get to Seatac area hotels. Shuttles? It is only myself and 10 y/o child who is capable of wheeling his own luggage, so don't want to spend a lot

How much are taxis to Seatac area hotels. My flights got changed and am now leaving Very early the followintg morning, so I'm staying at a hotel post cruise near airport.

Are there any other ways to get to Seatac area hotels. Shuttles? It is only myself and 10 y/o child who is capable of wheeling his own luggage, so don't want to spend a lot

You could try the cruiseline provided transfer, not sure how much that is but probably similar to taxi flat rate. Shuttle Express is another option. And finally public transport. You'll have to take a bus and a train but you'll be at the airport terminal within about 90 minutes of walking out of the cruise terminal. There are directions at the link above, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the icons on the map. Total cost for both of you should be under $10.

You could try the cruiseline provided transfer, not sure how much that is but probably similar to taxi flat rate. Shuttle Express is another option. And finally public transport. You'll have to take a bus and a train but you'll be at the airport terminal within about 90 minutes of walking out of the cruise terminal. There are directions at the link above, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the icons on the map. Total cost for both of you should be under $10.

Actually I'm not going to the airport, but a hotel in the area. Haven't booked the hotel yet. Trying to figure out the cheapest and most convienent way to get to hotels around the airport, so thining that cruiseline transfers might not drop at hotel that I book on my own. Will check, but like the $10 option

Our experience was that while there were lots of cabs at Pier 91 there were not enough to keep up with the people disembarking from the Sapphire and there were long lines....which wasn't a very pleasant experience on a rainy, windy May Sunday as there is very little protection from the elements.

Actually I'm not going to the airport, but a hotel in the area. Haven't booked the hotel yet. Trying to figure out the cheapest and most convienent way to get to hotels around the airport, so thining that cruiseline transfers might not drop at hotel that I book on my own. Will check, but like the $10 option

Most of the hotels are within walking distance of the airport. And if not, you can catch a shuttle from the airport to any hotel for free.

if you have time and want a little sightseeing with a drop at your Seatac hotel you might consider a local sightseeing tour followed by free drop.

toursnorthwest.com

is one company that does this. Usually the cruises charge $25 pp and a limo or taxi should be around $55. Its not that much more to get a city tour and transportation to your hotel so its a good value.

if you have time and want a little sightseeing with a drop at your Seatac hotel you might consider a local sightseeing tour followed by free drop.

toursnorthwest.com

is one company that does this. Usually the cruises charge $25 pp and a limo or taxi should be around $55. Its not that much more to get a city tour and transportation to your hotel so its a good value.

Thats a great idea. Thanks. Will be staying precruise also, but can plan things accordingly

Having lived in Seattle on/off my entire life, we've used Shuttle Express numerous times to/from the airport and to/from hotels. Their pricing is fair, and they're reliable. It's what locals use when a cab is expected to be too expensive or not plentiful, depending on what else is going on (NYE for example). http://www.shuttleexpress.com/

what is the earliest time anyone has scheduled a flight after a cruise from Pier 91,we have a choice of 11 in the morning or late that night, would really rather choose the early flight we will do self embark with our luggage. thanks

what is the earliest time anyone has scheduled a flight after a cruise from Pier 91,we have a choice of 11 in the morning or late that night, would really rather choose the early flight we will do self embark with our luggage. thanks

Is it a holiday weekend?

Under perfect conditions it's a 1/2 hr drive from Pier 91 to SeaTac, but give it an hour in case there are sporting events, activities downtown, road construction, etc.

For an 11am flight you need to be at the airport by 9/9:15, so your taxi / towncar would need to be pulling away from the pier by 8:15/8:30am.

Definitely not in my comfort zone. What would it cost you if the ship was late or there was a delay in disembarking?

• 2 weeks later...
My party of 8 people will depart from Westerdam on Saturday, June 22nd. Would the shuttle be the best option from the port back to the airport?

I'm open to any or all suggestions, but I'm trying to keep us all together.

Shuttle Express has 10 passenger vans if you want to price a private transfer. Seattle Express might have the same.

Then compare to shared shuttle which is per person.

Or price 2 towncars ... Already There gets lots of good comments on this forum

Archived