Victoria Inner Harbour

I have found some info but not sure if I have figured out if you can walk (will have 12 and 10 year old) from where the Celebrity ships dock. We will be there in the evening and from what I have read it seems the inner harbour would be something to do with the kids. Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, it is an easy walk in my opinion. :)

Victoria has been discussed here in many, many threads; I'd recommend you run a search using the "Search this forum" function back on the main page, right hand side. Type in Victoria, and dozens of threads will come up all discussing Victoria and all there is to do there.

I have found some info but not sure if I have figured out if you can walk (will have 12 and 10 year old) from where the Celebrity ships dock. We will be there in the evening and from what I have read it seems the inner harbour would be something to do with the kids. Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks.

This map should help: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212770407613531027445.0004665d7f3e28f06866d&msa=0&ll=48.418777,-123.372517&spn=0.024637,0.066047

You can walk, it's just under a mile, but a very pleasant walk.

You will find the walk well marked and will take about 15 to 20 minutes....all level. In the evening our legislative buildings are illuminated and very pretty. The lobby of the Empress Hotel is fun and during the summer months there is a number of buskers that preform in evening on the Esplanade and they can be very entertaining. Miniature World maybe something that would be interesting to the young people and it is open during the summer until 9 pm. There are also horse drawn carriage rides and pedicabs. If you tire them out you can take a cab back to the ship for about $10.

http://www.miniatureworld.com/

When we stop in Victoria while on cruise, my favorite thing to do is ride the Inner Harbour mini-ferries (http://victoriaharbourferry.com/). The easiest way to do this is to walk from the ship to Fisherman's Wharf (take Dallas Road, which runs in front of the Port, and keep walking on Dallas until you reach Fisherman's Wharf). There is a mini-ferry stop at Fisherman's Wharf that you can take to the Inner Harbour for more fun.

BTW, my favorite place to eat in Victoria is also at Fisherman's Wharf -- Barb's Place -- for fish and chips.

I guarantee that your kids will love the mini-ferry.

Archived