NCL where is Cagney's new menu/new enhancements

big green

I just had to laugh when I read what the Mexican Caesar was...

No more Warm Espresso Chocolate Brownie that came with ice cream and some caramel brittle. I would have thought it was one of their signature desserts. All gone now.

Once again bashing without all of the facts.

Chicken drumsticks are not wings.

What pub have you been to that serves Wagyu beef?

I have not been to a single pub that serves Beef Rib Confit.

Emeril makes an amazing Mac and Cheese at his Delmonico Steakhouse.

With the possible exception of the missing prime rib I think you should wait for more information before spouting off in your typical fashion, Bud.

JMHO!

Drumsticks are still cheap KFC style pub food dah.

Wagyu beef sliders are in many pubs in californaia and new york city---dah.

BBQ St. louis ribs available in many [ubs even Costco.--dah

mac and Cheese is available in many pubs--dah.

I guess you do not visit many pubs..

Missing form the steakhouse ( steakhouse)

porter house steak

T-bone steak

prime rib

regular ceasar salad

creamed spinach

steamed asparagus

enhancements ??--more like triming the budget and charging more.

BG

In looking at the newly posted sample menu on NCL.com, does anybody have any idea as to what the asterisk refers to on many of the listed items? There is no footnote.

Also, is this the first time that NCL has posted an explicit policy regarding additional entrees? The menu states,

$30 COVER CHARGE APPLIES

Price includes three courses. $10 per each additional entrée.

I suspect on the actual menu the asterisk leads to the health warning footnote about undercooked meat and seafood.

I was curious about the "three courses" note. Does that mean no more multiple appetizers, or if you order both a starter and a soup or salad in addition to your entree that you wouldn't be entitled to a dessert? If you want dessert you can only order a starter or a soup/salad?

I suspect on the actual menu the asterisk leads to the health warning footnote about undercooked meat and seafood.

I was curious about the "three courses" note. Does that mean no more multiple appetizers, or if you order both a starter and a soup or salad in addition to your entree that you wouldn't be entitled to a dessert? If you want dessert you can only order a starter or a soup/salad?

You're probably right about the health warning.

Good question about the "three courses" note. We'll have to see how it plays out in actual practice.

Drumsticks are the leg. The Drumette is the 1 bone section of the wing.

Your right there--but still not s steakhouse item---i have seen drumsticks in pubs with BBQ sauce on them, Moore like a small KFC drumstick--still not

a upscale steakhouse item-- IMOP a budget cutter.

BG

And it looks like in fact they have upgraded the now aged beef

norwegian Cruise line’s signature Steakhouse proudly serves certified angus Beef ® brand steaks. Uncompromising standards ensure it’s a cut above USdA prime, Choice and Select, making it the best-tasting beef available. The rich, abundant marbling in the certified angus Beef ® brand and our own 28-day aging specifications result in the most flavorful & tender dining experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Thank you so much for posting the link!

For those who have sailed since this new menu came out, did they also change the suite breakfast/lunch menu? Anyone have those if they did? Please don't tell me that my beloved pineapple rum sauce is gone :)

Thank you so much for posting the link!

For those who have sailed since this new menu came out, did they also change the suite breakfast/lunch menu? Anyone have those if they did? Please don't tell me that my beloved pineapple rum sauce is gone :)

I believe these are the menus you seek!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1831410&highlight=breakaway

And it looks like in fact they have upgraded the now aged beef

norwegian Cruise line’s signature Steakhouse proudly serves certified angus Beef ® brand steaks. Uncompromising standards ensure it’s a cut above USdA prime, Choice and Select, making it the best-tasting beef available. The rich, abundant marbling in the certified angus Beef ® brand and our own 28-day aging specifications result in the most flavorful & tender dining experience.

Umm... Its not an upgrade. All beef is aged at least 28 days, please google "wet pack aging". "Angus" means nothing. They might as well just say real "Cow" beef. If its prime its prime. If its not Prime, then who cares. Belive me you would not want (True Angus canner grade steak)

Umm... Its not an upgrade. All beef is aged at least 28 days, please google "wet pack aging". "Angus" means nothing. They might as well just say real "Cow" beef. If its prime its prime. If its not Prime, then who cares. Belive me you would not want (True Angus canner grade steak)

You are correct Angus means nothing but Certified Angus Beef Brand does. Goggle the supplier. No longer the canner grade.

http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/brand/grades.php

You are correct Angus means nothing but Certified Angus Beef Brand does. Goggle the supplier. No longer the canner grade.

http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/brand/grades.php

But read it carefully. The "Certified Black Angus" brand can be either choice or prime (look at the logo graphic and you'll see what I mean), and I can guarantee if the menu doesn't say "prime", it isn't. It may be better than what they were serving before, but the proof will lie in the eating.

But read it carefully. The "Certified Black Angus" brand can be either choice or prime (look at the logo graphic and you'll see what I mean), and I can guarantee if the menu doesn't say "prime", it isn't. It may be better than what they were serving before, but the proof will lie in the eating.

Never said it was prime but to qualify it has to be at the top of the choice rating certainly not canner grade. It has to be better then the leather the old supplier of the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

NCL ran into the pier with this new menu--far from a upscale steak house--enhancements??/ more like a degrading of the menu--

Pub food menu with chicken wings---mac and cheese--BBq Ribs--broiled chicken--beef sliders--resembles a good New York PUB food menu. Mexican ceasar chopped salad--is this a Mexican food menu????

No traditional steak house sides--gone creamed spinach--asparagus.

A steak house without prime rib. Poor choice of steak types for a steakhouse.

Not worth the $30===NCL where are the enhancements that justified an

increase in price-

BG

Gotta agree. This isn't a menu from a steakhouse. It ain't a horrible menu but it ain't a steakhouse menu. They aren't be able to cut the menus much tighter and they're honking us for 30 clams here.

Pub menu really sums it up. Except no steak and kidney pie. Ah well, it has makcheez and chili and we all know THEM is some good steakhouse classics.

I have to say that after reading the menu on NCL's web site I became more interested in it than after just reading it here. :o

Of course for me every menu change that decreases seafood appetizers is great but I was still thinking that the new menu sounded quite bland. However the possibility to choose different crusts/seasonings for the steak itself sounds nice. :) Simply grilled, garlic butter or gorgonzola crusted. Decisions, decisions. :D

Archived