Live and Greetings from the Sapphire 4/13/13

Working 2 Cruise

I don't think The Kiss statue is there anymore. They dismantled it a few months ago. Something to do with its temporary status. Don't know if they plan on replacing it with a permanent statue.

Thanks...it was there in mid-November & appeared to be permanently attached. :confused:

I recently saw the statue near the USS Missouri (Big Mo) in Pearl Harbor.

Marty

Maybe there are more than one of these statues unless it's moving every couple of months which I guess could be possible but would think it'd be expensive to go from Civitavecchia, to Pearl Harbor, to San Diego in only 5 months. :confused:

1990109059_Navysweethearts.jpg.0e9b127a1117d4ba65730fc4c11c32d7.jpg

I don't think The Kiss statue is there anymore. They dismantled it a few months ago. Something to do with its temporary status. Don't know if they plan on replacing it with a permanent statue.

OP, thanks for the updates. We're sailing on the repositioning cruise to Vancouver in May. We've been to Santa Barbara many times so, like you, we plan to stay on the ship and relax when it stops there on day #2. Will be a good opportunity to explore the ship (our first cruise on the Sapphire), swim some laps, and slow the body clock down a bit.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise! :)

John

they brought replacement permanent statue in february...see here>>>http://www.10news.com/news/replacement-kiss-statue-dedication-ceremony02162013

Just reading about all the wonderful food you had, makes me drool. I did not know skywalkers served food ....love smoked salmon!!! I usually request it at lunch in Horizon. When does skywalkers serve these yummies? Is it every day?

Marion

This is just for platinum, elite and suite passengers. This "cocktail party" is held on most days, and the drink specials and hors d'oeuvres change daily.

John

I'm pretty sure it is there. I read an article just recently about a replacement statue being delivered. (My husband used to be a docent on the USS Midway project, so we keep track of what's going on with her.)

This is just for platinum, elite and suite passengers. This "cocktail party" is held on most days, and the drink specials and hors d'oeuvres change daily.

Nina,

Thank you for the info. We are Platinum, so yippee,:D will definitely check it out. Hope you are enjoying your last day ......the one week is just over too soon, isn't it!!! Just want to know one more thing, which restaurant is Ovi in, Sabatinis or Vivaldi?

Marion:D

Athena Girl, you will enjoy it. Yes, 7 days is too short.

Yesterday was Ensenada... Did not bother getting off the ship. It was very warm, so it was another pool day for us. Carlos Oscar performed twice, Alfred and Seymour performed in the Piazza. If you have not seen Alfred and Seymour, go, they are hilarious!

So, we are packed and almost ready (never really ready) to go. We were just commenting with other passengers how rude of Princess to make us leave the ship! Wish we could have done the B2B with Mexico, but alas...

Now, it is back to reality for us, at least for a while. I am eyeing the 10-day Mexico in fall of 2013 or 2014, with the itinerary stopping in La Paz and Lareto (with the usual suspects of Puerto Vallarta and Cabo). That looks to be a wonderful cruise!

I just checked my email and, sure enough, I found our email from Princess concerning the cruise and we have not docked yet! :mad:

I will do a recap when I get home and get a review started... Until then, friends, hasta la vista!

Renee here, just back from the same cruise. I read through all of the posts and would like to add my two cents. Thank you, Nina, for taking the time and minutes to post. I made it up to the Outrigger Bar close to 5 PM. Most of you had already dispersed. My lose that I did not get a chance to meet you

I spoke to a representative in the Platinum/Elite embarkation lounge regarding the "complimentary" offerings. He said it is up to the ship. I was there for an earlier cruise on the Golden and we did have the pastries. I absolutely loved your response in French. I will I was around to hear you.

Our Santa Barbara tender ride was a real adventure. On the way back, one of the crew tried to lower the "door" to keep the water out. I was so fearful for him. I was sure we would lose him overboard. But he was successfully and received a round of applause.

Cruise Director Billy has such talent. At the Crew's Talent show last night, he did a wonderful rendition from "Fiddler on the Roof". On another evening, he sang some Tom Jones songs. WOW!

I appreciate Princess' choice of comedians. Both were clean and family friendly. I also had a great steward and our Vivaldi servers were excellent.

Renee, I wish we had met! The way this meet and greet was organized was not good. We would have had time to meet in Skywalkers like I had suggested. Not sure if the wine party was held at all. Next time, I will stick to my guns...

Home at last, unfortunately... Time to plan the next one!

We had a wonderful time, it was a great cruise, and we absolutely loved it. I took my husband kicking and screaming because he was so unhappy about the itinerary, well, he had tears in his eyes when it was time to disembark!

Great service, great crew, and great food! I think that, for the most part, everyone was very pleased and happy.

Happy sailings everyone and thank you for following me on a wonderful cruise!

Renee, I wish we had met! The way this meet and greet was organized was not good. We would have had time to meet in Skywalkers like I had suggested. Not sure if the wine party was held at all. Next time, I will stick to my guns...

We had a wonderful time, it was a great cruise, and we absolutely loved it. I took my husband kicking and screaming because he was so unhappy about the itinerary, well, he had tears in his eyes when it was time to disembark!

Great service, great crew, and great food! I think that, for the most part, everyone was very pleased and happy.

Welcome home!

A last question..did you say there were theme nights? Like a western night? Or was that an Italian night for the buffet? Thanks again for posting all week. I really enjoyed reading them all!

Welcome home!

A last question..did you say there were theme nights? Like a western night? Or was that an Italian night for the buffet? Thanks again for posting all week. I really enjoyed reading them all!

Well, there was Italian night in the MDR and in the buffet... Chef's Dinner was another one, but no Western night.

Well, there was Italian night in the MDR and in the buffet... Chef's Dinner was another one, but no Western night.

LOL OK thx! I'm on a few different threads..can't recall where I read that. Didn't want to be unprepared!!

Can't wait to see some of the movies you mentioned. Are they playing in the room the next day on the TV if we miss MUTS? Also was it a bit cold and windy at Muts?

Thanks again!

LOL OK thx! I'm on a few different threads..can't recall where I read that. Didn't want to be unprepared!!

Can't wait to see some of the movies you mentioned. Are they playing in the room the next day on the TV if we miss MUTS? Also was it a bit cold and windy at Muts?

Thanks again!

Yes, they played the movies on the cabin TV the next day. It was too cold and too windy to really stay on the open decks at night...

Welcome home Nina & think you're like us and usually have either a 'good' or a 'great' cruise and glad to read that it was 'great'! :)

Even though the Sapphire doesn't have a Crown Grill having Alfredo's Pizzeria & Sterling's is a good combination. ;)

I agree, Alfredo's was something very special. It was really hard to sit in the Piazza while wonderous pizza aroma waifed across the area.

And I forgot to mention that my cabin mate also did not receive an invitation to her Gold Captain's Circle Party. We did check, her name was included, and the invitation was printed. Don't know what happened. Also, The Sapphire was not equipped to hand out Medallion Stuff, but she did get her new pin.

This was a very nice cruise and I was able to relax and enjoy the ship more than I normally would.

Renee

Yes, they played the movies on the cabin TV the next day. It was too cold and too windy to really stay on the open decks at night...

Are all TVs flat screen and larger now? ( I'm in an aft balcony so it may be smaller then the suite you were in..)

I haven't sailed Princess since 2009. Thx again... so I don't recall the TV's..

Too bad it was too cold and windy at night. I love Muts! I'll have to try to enjoy it during the day like u did and watch the concerts.

Welcome home Nina & think you're like us and usually have either a 'good' or a 'great' cruise and glad to read that it was 'great'! :)

Even though the Sapphire doesn't have a Crown Grill having Alfredo's Pizzeria & Sterling's is a good combination. ;)

Frank, there is no such thing as a "bad" cruise on Princess! I am really thinking about booking that March 1 10-day cruise to Mexico (it leaves from LA) on the Sapphire... If they do not cancel it. I hope you will consider it, it has a wonderful itinerary and four days at sea...

Natasha, the flat television screens are not larger, but they are sufficient to watch TV like we did with the Boston bombing or watch a movie or two... Did not make any of the specialty restaurants this time around, but next time... 'cause I know there will be a next time!

Nina, so happy to hear you and Norm enjoyed your cruise. Good for you getting your hubby to try something new. I am looking forward to your review. I haven't really considered coastals because I have been to Santa Barbara, San Francisco, (lived in San Diego for five years), etc. so many times. Looking forward to your take on it.

What a great cruise. One of the best 7 day cruises we have been on. Did not

get off the ship in SB or Catalina. Friends met us in SF. Ensenada was great as

we went to 4 wineries. I wish I could have put the tour together.

Great music with the Randy Heddon Quartet in the Wheelhouse. I cannot say to

many great things about this cruise.

Greg

Frank, there is no such thing as a "bad" cruise on Princess! I am really thinking about booking that March 1 10-day cruise to Mexico (it leaves from LA) on the Sapphire... If they do not cancel it. I hope you will consider it, it has a wonderful itinerary and four days at sea.

I've never had a "bad" cruise! ;)

That appears to be a good cruise without any flying however we're flying one-way to Buenos Aires sailing on 3/1/14 & returning to LA on 4/1/14. :)

What a great cruise. One of the best 7 day cruises we have been on. Did not

get off the ship in SB or Catalina. Friends met us in SF. Ensenada was great as

we went to 4 wineries. I wish I could have put the tour together.

Great music with the Randy Heddon Quartet in the Wheelhouse. I cannot say to

many great things about this cruise.

Greg

Hello...

Are you the Greg and Bud from the Outrigger Bar and Wheel House dancers?

Really glad our paths crossed so many times. Please give my "Aloha" to everyone.

Renee

That appears to be a good cruise without any flying however we're flying one-way to Buenos Aires sailing on 3/1/14 & returning to LA on 4/1/14. :)

Never had a bad cruise but, I've sure had some bad travel times before and after. I'm hoping now that I'm retired the DW will let me drive instead of flying ( Hate airports :( Love flying :confused::D).

Sounds like a terrific cruise... I wish I could do that entire 49-day cruise... That sounds like an absolutely fabulous cruise!

Michelle,I really loved the cruise. Would I book this particular one again? Probably not, since there are so many others to choose from. I would, however, sail again on the Sapphire in a heartbeat. This was a fun itinerary, but a little too port intensive for me. I really cherish those sea days!

I thought I would start this "live from" today and just pick it up from the ship tomorrow! I have not seen a live from a Pacific Coastal cruise (just a wonderful review from Cuizer with a lot of photos) so, now, there will be one!

The ports are San Francisco (overnight in SF), Santa Barbara, Catalina, San Diego and, of course, the inevitable Ensenada!

As far as scheduled entertainment, all I know is we have Alfred and Seymour and Carlos Oscar...

Weather and sea conditions are forecasted for tomorrow and Sunday to be windy (25 to 35 kts) with swells of 9 to 15 ft. Should make for a nice rocking motion (one can only hope)!

This should be a fun and relaxing cruise. I will catch up with you tomorrow!

Wow...wonder if I saw you on this cruise? Was there also - BOY was it windy!!!!! Hope you had a great time :-)

Archived