New Booking Rate; Select Promotional Program?

skiingj

Looks like Carnival has a new booking rate called 'Select Promotional Program' for active and retired employees of qualifying companies. I wonder what companies qualify as I can't find any listing anywhere?

There is a whole list of companies and this is different than the interline rate. The companies are very diverse and I don't know what the relationship is. There are a few smaller airlines but the list also includes Church's chicken, Kentucky State University, the ACLU, Boone Hospital Center, and about 25 others. Carnival employees get their own discount.

There is a whole list of companies and this is different than the interline rate. The companies are very diverse and I don't know what the relationship is. There are a few smaller airlines but the list also includes Church's chicken, Kentucky State University, the ACLU, Boone Hospital Center, and about 25 others. Carnival employees get their own discount.

Where can we find a list of these companies?

~Katy

Seriously Church's chicken??

from goccl.com

List of Qualifying Companies

Arnold Worldwide

Zions Bank

General Produce

Church's Chicken

Tiger Direct

LNR

Ryder Corporation

Baptist Health South Florida

Resortcom.com

Miami Dade County

Kentucky State University

Grand Cypress Hyatt

Amtrak

West Jet Airlines

Silver Airways

ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union)

Vacation Innovations

Express Jet/Atlantic Southeast Air

Pen Air

Air Wisconsin

Cayman Airways

Caribbean Airlines/Air Jamaica

Pinnacle Air

Air India

Copa Air

Hawaiian Air

Allegiant Air

Boone Hospital Center

Escot Bus Lines

Rosa Mexicano Brands

• 2 weeks later...

This select promotional program came up as an option on April 12th when I was looking at rates for my cruise on carnival.com. I took pictures of the screen and asked Carnival to adjust my cruise price as I am early saver for September 2013. It never asked if I was an employee of any company, it was just another option for rates. They will not honor it because they say I have to be an employee of one of the companies above. The rate was gone later that day and so was that promotion. Should I pursue it? I wonder if it was a glitch? Its actually $20. more but an upgraded room.

This select promotional program came up as an option on April 12th when I was looking at rates for my cruise on carnival.com. I took pictures of the screen and asked Carnival to adjust my cruise price as I am early saver for September 2013. It never asked if I was an employee of any company, it was just another option for rates. They will not honor it because they say I have to be an employee of one of the companies above. The rate was gone later that day and so was that promotion. Should I pursue it? I wonder if it was a glitch? Its actually $20. more but an upgraded room.

ES is only for rates in which you qualify. If you aren't an employee of one of those companies, then you aren't eligible for that rate. It's possible that they may require proof of employment.

Saw this offer last week as well and copied the details. This is what was listed on Carnival's web-site, you must be an employee of one of the companies. As someone stated a few minutes later it was no longer listed.

Restricted Offer: Select Program

Select Promotional Program rates are applicable to active and retired employees of qualifying companies. Eligible employees must travel in order to take advantage of this promotion. Employment verification documents must be submitted to carnivalrateverification@carnival.com for confirmed reservations within 72 hours for cruises outside one week prior to sailing and 24 hours for cruises within one week prior to sailing.

from goccl.com

List of Qualifying Companies

Arnold Worldwide

Zions Bank

General Produce

Church's Chicken

Tiger Direct

LNR

Ryder Corporation

Baptist Health South Florida

Resortcom.com

Miami Dade County