Light fitting

joysav

No, but similar for sale at Costco in Canada. No manufacturer's name given. Have been thinking of ordering. This one is not hard wired but can be. I suspect there are a lot of knock-offs / similar. If I do buy them I'll reply with the manufacturers name.

No, but similar for sale at Costco in Canada. No manufacturer's name given. Have been thinking of ordering. This one is not hard wired but can be. I suspect there are a lot of knock-offs / similar. If I do buy them I'll reply with the manufacturers name.

Interesting

Please do give us the name of the manufacturer if you purchase some.

Cosco in Oz might also sell them I hope :confused:

Does anyone know who manufactures this light fitting :confused:

Head to the online site "Lighting Universe" and follow the links to Wall sconces. Once there, narrow your search by checking the option for "Reading/task lights". This will bring up 6 pages showing 470 possibilities. There's one that looks exactly like the photo you posted. Here's the link to that product:

http://www.lightinguniverse.com/wall-sconces/gen-lite-industries-100835-murale-wall-sconce-pack-of-2_g924953.html?linkloc=cataLogProductItemsName

Here's a slightly different version with a round shade:

http://www.lightinguniverse.com/wall-sconces/gen-lite-industries-104038-round-shade-wall-sconce_g927910.html?linkloc=cataLogProductItemsName

If you look at all six pages, you'll find two similar versions by two different manufacturers: Dainolite and Kenroy.

I don't have any experience with Gen-Lite Industries, the manufacturer of the identical sconce. However, I have plenty of experience buying from Lighting Universe and I can recommend them without hesitation.

You might look up "Cantalupi Galaxy LED Reading Light"

It is just the goose neck reading light

Costco one is made by Gen-Lite

http://www.costco.ca/Wall-Lamp-with-Adjustable-LED-Reading-Light-2-pack.product.10300247.html

The link you provided goes to the exact same Gen-lite fixture I located at Lighting Universe. While Gen-lite does make a goose neck only version of the Oceania sconce, the above link is for the two-part version.

The link you provided goes to the exact same Gen-lite fixture I located at Lighting Universe. While Gen-lite does make a goose neck only version of the Oceania sconce, the above link is for the two-part version.

Sorry I was typing at the same time you posted & could not be bothered to edit my post

You might look up "Cantalupi Galaxy LED Reading Light"

It is just the goose neck reading light

Costco one is made by Gen-Lite

http://www.costco.ca/Wall-Lamp-with-Adjustable-LED-Reading-Light-2-pack.product.10300247.html

That's good info. The OP is in Australia so would need to find a local source. A lot of US suppliers do not ship outside of 'the lower 48'. The manufacturer's name is a good start though with lighting it can be just a marketing arm.

The details on the linked pages from ksps_cruise_fans post will help to track down the same light under a different name too.

We bought those and they are very nice.

Glad to hear it. Just ordered them.

• 2 weeks later...
Any of you guys received and installed one yet ???

Mountain53

YoHoHo

How do they perform ???

Poorly - still in the dark. Actually they've not arrived yet :( Ordered a couple of things from them on-line and the other goods arrived promptly but not the lamps. Should have read the fine print better. I assumed (oops) that I was buying locally as in the past have two (or so) day delivery. I rechecked the order and have no idea where they are coming from - said can take 2 weeks. Lesson learned

When they do arrive I will post back

UPS must be lurking over my shoulder. Lamps arrived just now.

Only unpacked but look like they are well made and of good quality. Looks exactly as in the link 'ksps cruise fan' posted. I may have remembered incorrectly that on O's the entire shaft spot light flexed whereas this one if you look carefully you'll see the bottom part flexes and the upper part is a solid but curved shaft. Works for me in any case.

Instructions included on how to hard wire rather than plugging into a wall receptacle.

UPS must be lurking over my shoulder. Lamps arrived just now.

Only unpacked but look like they are well made and of good quality. Looks exactly as in the link 'ksps cruise fan' posted. I may have remembered incorrectly that on O's the entire shaft spot light flexed whereas this one if you look carefully you'll see the bottom part flexes and the upper part is a solid but curved shaft. Works for me in any case.

Instructions included on how to hard wire rather than plugging into a wall receptacle.

I ordered a pair from Costco. They arrived in 4 days. They appear to be OK but I'm returning them. Too large, the gooseneck is only 1/3 of the LED light. Housing for LED quite bulky.

All in all I shouldn't have expected more for a cheap made in China knock off.

Archived