Western v Eastern during Spring Break

lazydays3

Recently went on our first Spring Break cruise - western itinerary (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Gr. Cayman) and realized we didn't really enjoy the college group party scene (which there was a lot of during our cruise).

Was wondering if there is any difference in the eastern caribbean itinerary. (ie. do the college kids tend to go for the western over the eastern)?

How can these college students afford a 7 night cruise? Wow. I would expect them to be on the 3-5 night cruises though. Plus don't you have to be 25 to book a cruise?

Not all college students are ramen noodle poor. Some work and some will have their Spring Breaks gladly paid by their parents.

You don't need to be 25. You need to be 21. The 25 rule applies only if there's someone sharing the same cabin with someone under the age of 21.

For example, 3 people in the cabin could be between 18 and 24 and one 25. Or all 4 could be between 21 and 24

Honestly, I would think that the Western cruises would have a slightly higher college kid count than the Eastern cruises, and I say that because it seems that the Eastern runs are always a bit higher priced than the Westerns. Maybe that's all in my head, though.

We just did a 4 nite Sensation cruise to the Bahamas on Spring Break week from Port Canaveral. Though there were a lot of college kids, it was not rowdy and the dining room was empty at dinner! I guess they preferred the Lido buffet. They added some energy to the deck parties, but I didn't see any out of control drunken behavior. We had a great time.

Archived