Comfort Inn -which one to book?

Hello to everyone who can help me.

I went to book a Comfort Inn and Suites in for a December cruise @Cape Liberty on the Explorer, I think I may be putting in a wrong search information, because when I go to see reviews, I am seeing more than one Comfort Inn...which one do I want to book? We are driving our car from southern Ontario Canada, and it needs to be parked for 10 days..

I read that I can also get one way free to the cruiseport, I think I have figured it out to be roughly $36-ish for a taxi ride back...

help:o

Hello to everyone who can help me.

I went to book a Comfort Inn and Suites in for a December cruise @Cape Liberty on the Explorer, I think I may be putting in a wrong search information, because when I go to see reviews, I am seeing more than one Comfort Inn...which one do I want to book? We are driving our car from southern Ontario Canada, and it needs to be parked for 10 days..

I read that I can also get one way free to the cruiseport, I think I have figured it out to be roughly $36-ish for a taxi ride back...

help:o

We have sail out of Bayonne several times and have used either the Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn on Staten Island, NY. They both share a free shuttle to and back from the pier. Both have breakfast included with the room and your parking is free for the entire cruise. You do have to pay a price to go over the bridge onto Staten Island but we have always enjoyed our stays at either hotel.

If I'm not mistaken, the closest Comfort Suites to Cape Liberty is in Newark, and I wouldn't recommend that as a place to leave your car for 10 days.

Is there a reason you want to stay at that particular hotel chain? There are a number of hotels that are closer to the port and are in much safer areas. One that is popular with cruisers is the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth (Perhaps this is the hotel you're really interested in, and you got the name confused with Comfort Suites?).

As the previous poster mention, the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hampton Inn in Staten Island are also good choices.

Are you looking at stay123.com or trinityreservations.com for park/sleep rates? Please don't leave your car at Comfort Suites in Newark.

The best deal out there is the Ramada on the Trinity site for $123 tax included. The best hotel on these sites is Country Inns at $139 + tax.

For budget transportation to the port try Independent driver - 888-816-0973. Coming back you can pick up a shared shuttle to the hotel for $17/pp. Go on your roll call and try to make connections with others who are doing the same thing. If you have 4+ people from the same hotel, you can pay as low as $10/pp with Independent Driver. I had no problem doing this - everyone is looking to save money on these pre cruise arrangements so they can spend it on the cruise.

Thank you for the help, and I think your right, I must have been looking at the wrong one

It would be like me to get the links messed up, since I read these boards over and over...it becomes a blur:eek:

Thanks for your help again, I am off to look at the right links now :D

Archived