Answer: Receipt or No Receipt with beverage package.

I spoke with RCI today and asked them if I will be presented with a receipt each time I order a drink - considering I have the Premium beverage package. My question was specific to Explorer of the Seas. Here is a transcript of that conversation:

ReceiptOrNoReceipts.jpg

So here's the question DaddyBytes....now that you have that "supposedly accurate", if you are presented with a receipt, what will you do?

I am not sure there is much I can do other than sign the receipt and let guest services know that I was incorrectly informed.

So here's the question DaddyBytes....now that you have that "supposedly accurate", if you are presented with a receipt, what will you do?

LOL - never ceases to amaze me what some people stress about. Wouldn't even occur to me to care.

Just dont sign it and re show your PI sticker!

If anything shows up on your account and you have signed it,it could have been a purchase by you for another guest who does not have the package as far as guest services are concerned!

I had quite a few canned sodas show up on my account that I did not have, I didnt sign so I didnt pay, simple:)

They are still ironing out the problems with the package and sometimes charged drinks show up that you have not had.

You do not have to sign a receipt for package drinks its usually just a card swipe and then when the bar knows you have the PI sticker they dont bother to even swipe the card:)

Den

Just dont sign it and re show your PI sticker!

If anything shows up on your account and you have signed it,it could have been a purchase by you for another guest who does not have the package as far as guest services are concerned!

Den

That's a really good point - by signing you are in fact acknowledging a purchase - although does the receipt show a zero amount? with the option to add an extra tip?

That's a really good point - by signing you are in fact acknowledging a purchase - although does the receipt show a zero amount? with the option to add an extra tip?

We were on the Jewel last week and sometimes we had to sign, other times we did not. The receipt showed a zero balance. Once, my sister brought both our sea pass cards to the bar to get two drinks for us. The bartender only swiped her card and said he put them both on her card. There was no rhyme or reason.

aussieflyer I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment.

We saw receipts only occasionally, but it was usually when the server brought the drinks to us and was looking for additional tips. When we went directly to the bar in any venue - the champagne bar, terrace bar, etc. - no signing was necessary. Specifically, at On Air, at the bar - no receipt; at a table - "please sign here."

Now, that said, we did tip some very attentive servers...some by adding to the receipt and others by handing over cold hard cash!

DeeDee

I can tell you...they have not received the memo on the FOS. I had to sign a receipt for every single drink my wife and I received...and that was a lot of wasted paper and ink.

We were on the Allure 4/7 sailing. We had the PI package and had to sign receipts for every single drink we "purchased"... Every receipt acknowledged a $0 balance, we chocked it up to giving the opportunity for additional tipping...

I was on Explorer a couple weeks ago. And yes I did have to sign just about every receipt. Now the pub was the only place that didn't make me sign some of the time. Now with that being said, I had a royal patron margarita charged to my account from the pub. I never had this drin. When I went to main desk the guy went through all the receipts! Finding the receipt for that transaction ( there is a long number for each charge that was on my account and on receipt) seeing that there was a zero charge on my receipt I put a line threw the tip area and signed by me. He then removed the charge. I asked how a charge of $10.70 was put on my account if my receipt said zero? And it goes by the matching numbers for the charge. He could not answer that and just took it off.

I guess I would suggest to check your account every morning or night to check to make sure you are not charged for any drinks, even if your receipt says zero.

Also make sure tips are not added I'd you didn't add them, I was told by other people that was happening to them.

LOL - never ceases to amaze me what some people stress about. Wouldn't even occur to me to care.

Same here......but I did notice at the end of a 9 day cruise, and not signing every time was delightful! We ended up having the same bar server often at different venues throughout the day (he was awesome!) and sometimes he wouldn't even take our card and run us sort of a "tab" and when we were ready to move on he would swipe it.

As usual RC offices have zero idea what they are talking about, we did have to sign on a few occaissons.

Archived