D206 Obstructed View

trisher2751

Without realizing it, I booked an obstructed view on the Coral Princess cruising southward to Alaska. I am in D206...does anyone have familiarity with this room and how it is obstructed? The third party I booked with did not indicate that it was obstructed view.

The only thing really left on this ship is on the "wrong" side, should I go for that rather than have obstructed?

Thanks!!!

First I have never stayed in this room. Some are more obstructed than others depending on where the lifeboat is in relation to your window. I don't totally understand the comment about the wrong side. When there is something to see you won't want to be doing it through any window. You will want to be up on the deck where you can get the full effect of the magnificent scenery.

Without realizing it, I booked an obstructed view on the Coral Princess cruising southward to Alaska. I am in D206...does anyone have familiarity with this room and how it is obstructed? The third party I booked with did not indicate that it was obstructed view.

The only thing really left on this ship is on the "wrong" side, should I go for that rather than have obstructed?

Thanks!!!

Try here....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501475&highlight=obstructed+view

Thanks!!!

Are you sure that you booked D206? D206 is a forward Balcony Cabin. All obstructed cabins are on Emerald deck.

Check this link

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I would also say check to see what cabin you are actuually in. D206 is a balcony, the obstructed cabins are on Emerald. E206 is not obstructed but a regualr outside cabin. You have some wron information.

And I don't think there is a "right" side to be on for Alaska as you should really be on deck for a far better view. If given a choice I would pick Port (left) side regardless of heading North or South (if I had a balcony) as most commentary is given as you are heading towards your glacier view and IMHO the more scenic side for this is Port. For normal sailing otherwise both sides are about equal. (again IMHO)

Check this link.http://https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

It is the "Bible" or "Wikipedia" on Princess obstructed view cabins. Created by a Princess passenger and updated by him with photos other Princess passengers provide, it has been very helpful to us.

Theo's site linked to above only shows the obstructed view Ocean View cabins and not the obstructed balcony cabins. Theo did mention a while back of possibly adding the obstructed balcony cabins also but these have not been included on his web site to date.

Theo's site linked to above only shows the obstructed view Ocean View cabins and not the obstructed balcony cabins. Theo did mention a while back of possibly adding the obstructed balcony cabins also but these have not been included on his web site to date.

The only reason the obstructed balcony cabins are not on my website is that there are no pictures out there that I know of.

If there are enough people that have those pictures and are willing to share them with me I will post them as well.

Don't wory if the pictures are not of high quality or have people showing in them I have means to edit pictures and remove people from the pictures.

Looking forward to receiving a lot of them.

Thanks Rob for bringing this up.

Theo

• 4 months later...

Thanks!!!

Try this site: https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/home

If anyone has a picture of an obstucted balcony on the Coral I would appreciate it.

The obstructed Balconies on the Coral & Island Princess are on the Dolphin deck forward D205 & D206 and on Emerald deck E207 & E208.

I will post some pictures on my website but here are 2 pictures from the outside of D206 & E208.

Theo

D206a.jpg.1580cd2f33b172888259427c7f01d7e5.jpg

D206b.jpg.426da72563ea77f4168b86c71c2993fa.jpg

Archived