Which HUMP to choose????

So I've been searching ALL day and can't take it anymore. I need help!

I'm looking at booking a hump on the Serenade. My first pick would be the either of the middle ones on deck 9 - but they are gone. I would prefer a D1 over an E1 for the extra space BUT I also don't want to have a smaller balcony and a hindered view.

Here's my choices:

9590 or 9580 (third in from where the hump starts)

8594 or 8596 (both available in the middle on deck 8)

Can someone tell me if all these balconies are AT LEAST standard balcony size?

I've only cruised in large wrap balconies so this is going to be a big change. My husband really likes the location of the humps and wants to try something new. I have toyed with the end humps with the larger balconies but then we are either looking down at the life boat covers or can only look aft or forward or they will keep our cabin quite dark. Really liked the idea of being able to look side to side without any obstructions.

Sarah,

We have sailed in room 8594 on the Brilliance (2008) and the Jewel (2012). We loved it so much we are in the same room for our Radiance Hawaii cruise in 2014. The balcony is standard size with two chairs and a small table.

Julie

I had 9580. Good location, good view, standard size balcony as most d-1's and d-2's. See my review and pics in my Serenade review in my signature below.

I'm with Mike here. 9580 is a good choice. It's the farthest out on the hump section that still tapers forward, so you get a good view of where you're headed. You have to pop your head out a bit to look aft tho. ;)

Thanks!!!!

I don't know how I missed your review through searching!!! I have been veering towards the 9590 as I figured it would be less windy (med. in October) but like the idea of facing a little more forward. Did you find it too windy? We are balcony people BUT realize that we probably won't be on it as much as Caribbean cruises - we get the wraps so we can lay in the sun away from the crowds.

So I've been searching ALL day and can't take it anymore. I need help!

I'm looking at booking a hump on the Serenade. My first pick would be the either of the middle ones on deck 9 - but they are gone. I would prefer a D1 over an E1 for the extra space BUT I also don't want to have a smaller balcony and a hindered view.

Here's my choices:

9590 or 9580 (third in from where the hump starts)

8594 or 8596 (both available in the middle on deck 8)

Can someone tell me if all these balconies are AT LEAST standard balcony size?

I've only cruised in large wrap balconies so this is going to be a big change. My husband really likes the location of the humps and wants to try something new. I have toyed with the end humps with the larger balconies but then we are either looking down at the life boat covers or can only look aft or forward or they will keep our cabin quite dark. Really liked the idea of being able to look side to side without any obstructions.

We LOVE 8596 so much on Serenade that we booked the same balcony for our B2B on Jewel. We had 4 chairs on our balcony for drinks and we did just fine. Not tons of room, but the view makes it worth it.

Archived