Sterling Steak House

Hi all,

First time poster :)

From this link to the Princess website it looks like the steakhouse is free of charge on the Diamond, is this correct or a miss print?

http://www.princess.com/onboard/dining/di_dining.html

Thanks

Dino

Dino - welcome!

There is a long story involved. The short answer is that there used to be a dining room called Sterling that had the regular Princess menu plus a few (2 entrees) that were unique to that dining room. About a month ago, Princess discontuned this concept. The Sterling Steakhouse is now called Savoy and there is a fee Sterling Restaurant (fee $20 I believe) on the ship. I believe they block off part of Horizon court for this (the buffet).

Some have said there is still one speciality item per restaurant but if you want to partake in the full Sterling Steakhouse on the Diamond, you will have to pay.

Thats a bit naughty really, still I take it the burger bar and pizza place are still free of charge?? or are they out of date too :)

Looking at booking Sydney to San Fran for April 06, would be my first cruise at 32 :) but seemed like a good way too see a few places on the way back from Australia.

Any Ideas on the price of the soda package on a trip this long, and do you buy one package each or will 1 be ok for 2 people.

All about costs really as we will be in OZ for 2.5 weeks before we would cruise back, how much does a beer cost on the diamond, like I said first cruise, total newbie:)

Cheers

Dino

Dino - welcome!

There is a long story involved. The short answer is that there used to be a dining room called Sterling that had the regular Princess menu plus a few (2 entrees) that were unique to that dining room. About a month ago, Princess discontuned this concept. The Sterling Steakhouse is now called Savoy and there is a fee Sterling Restaurant (fee $20 I believe) on the ship. I believe they block off part of Horizon court for this (the buffet).

Some have said there is still one speciality item per restaurant but if you want to partake in the full Sterling Steakhouse on the Diamond, you will have to pay.

Thats a bit naughty really, still I take it the burger bar and pizza place are still free of charge?? or are they out of date too :)

Looking at booking Sydney to San Fran for April 06, would be my first cruise at 32 :) but seemed like a good way too see a few places on the way back from Australia.

Any Ideas on the price of the soda package on a trip this long, and do you buy one package each or will 1 be ok for 2 people.

All about costs really as we will be in OZ for 2.5 weeks before we would cruise back, how much does a beer cost on the diamond, like I said first cruise, total newbie:)

Cheers

Dino

Like most things in life, there are changes. Truthfully, the "Sterling" on the Diamond and Sapphire had the regular menu that all the other ships had and just 2 additional entrees and one or two additional appetizers. It by no means was close to the "fee restaurant Sterlings" that is on the other ships. This move makes this ship equivalant to the other ships in dining options.

Soda cards - you will need one per person. I don't know how much it will be per person - generally it is $25 per person for a 7 night cruise. Someone recently said the price went up but that was the cost in May.

Food is pretty much free except for Sabitini's and Sterlings. Pizza on Princess is awesome and hamburgers are still free.

Archived