St. Paul De Vence vs. Eze

DaytonGirl

If you had to choose between the two which one would you pick? Why?

The two tours are at the same time so I can only pick one. I'm travelling solo so I'm not up for a DIY thing. Sometimes the ship's excursion is just easier.

Where are you docking? If Cannes, I would say St. Paul, if Monte Carlo, Eze. Mainly because the shorter travel time would leave more exploration time in the port area.

Have not been to Eze yet, but St Paul was lovely, it is very shopping and tourist oriented tho.

I also "vote" for St. Paul de Vence - we spent about 5 wonderful hours there! (post-cruise land trip) It's a fabulous artist community with some wonderful shops - bought great oil there! We were in Eze in 2008 for about an hour - small, nice but much harder to get around!

For a few photos of St Paul - fast forward the slide show below to 11 minutes.

Provence Slideshow

• 1 month later...

St Paul de Vence. Hopefully, your tour includes a visit to the Fondation Maeght museum (driveway almost across the road from the entrance to St Paul). It has a spectacular collection of impressionist artists in a wonderful modern building with great views.

St Paul de Vence. Hopefully, your tour includes a visit to the Fondation Maeght museum (driveway almost across the road from the entrance to St Paul). It has a spectacular collection of impressionist artists in a wonderful modern building with great views.

Oooops!!! Senior moment. Not impressionists, but modern artists - Chagall, Picasso, Giacometti, Miro, etc.

Archived