Cozumel without an excursion planned?

MinnesotaCruiser423

My DW and I have been to Cozumel twice, and are going again in February with 2 first timers. We have gone to Nachi Cocum on both past trips and loved it! We are thinking of taking our friends there but are curious as to what else there is to do in Cozumel besides excursions. We have extremely active excursions planned for all 3 of the other ports and really want Cozumel to be relaxed. Any good options to just explore on our own?

Does anyone have any experience at Cozumel without doing an excursion?

Thanks!

Matt & Aubry

We have an excursion planned for our trip but wondered if there were beaches near the port that we could visit on our own after our excursion is over. I'm curious to hear other responses to your question, as well. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We talked to a taxi driver and told him we wanted to go snorkeling. He took us to a nearby beach club and we paid a lot less than had we gone to one of the better known places (I can't remember how much it was, though). There was an AI option, which we didn't get since we were planning on going to the steakhouse that night.

We snorkeled for several hours, had a drink, then headed back to the ship. It was the most fun we had at any of the ports.

We just got a cab at port and went to Money Bar. We snorkeled, lounged in the chairs, ate (shared a plate of nachos), and drank (4 smoothies), and then took a cab back when we felt like it (found a couple on the beach to split the fare with!). Total cost of the day for 2 was less than $40. Perfect frugal day, no planning required.

We have been to Cozumel a few times, and Love Nachi as well. Considering you want a relaxed day I would say Nachi is a perfect choice! We have used Island Marketing to pre purchase our passes in advance, which I highly recommend, very reliable and friendly:)

Enjoy your trip to Cozumel with the first timers :-)

Archived