Crown 3-person cabin sleeping arrangements

cruiserdru

Are there any cabins on the Crown (minis and suites aside) that can handle two adults and a 10-year old child that allows the parents to sleep in the same bed? It appears that insides, OVs, and balconies all require the 'queen' to be set up as twins and the 3rd bed comes out of the wall or ceiling. Is this true?

We are trying to get our DS, his wife and daughter to go on an Alaskan cruisetour with us in 2014. They may not care about the sleeping arrangements but I would like to be able to present the pros and cons of each kind of cabin. I know lots about minis and suites but not much about the other cabins.

Can anyone provide first-hand info?

Thanks for your help.

From what I've read through previous similar questions, the beds can be made up as a queen but it's awkward for the person using the bunk to get in and out since the ladder can't be placed between the beds which is the most space. A 10-year old should be nimble enough to manage it, though. Hopefully, someone will post photos of the arrangement. Just found a photo of a balcony cabin that should help. Note: this photo is two beds opened but it looks like it's doable. An oceanview cabin might be different as the beds come down from the wall in some cabins, not the ceiling.

tn_DSC02392.jpg

You can set up the bed as a queen but as stated above the upper berth will be over the queen.

Most of the time you can put the ladder at the end of the bed instead of the side.

Its a little awkward but it can be done.

You will probably not be able to request the queen configuration in advance, but you can ask your cabin setward to set it up that way once you board.

Thanks for all the responses. I thought this is what I remembered but just had zero luck in finding much with a search.

I will now turn this over to my TA and see what kind of magic she can work for what I would like as an outcome.

You will probably not be able to request the queen configuration in advance, but you can ask your cabin setward to set it up that way once you board.

That is correct. Requesting in advance won't work since the system doesn't allow the option when you have 3+ booked in a room.

We've successfully had the room attendant combine the beds, although they will not put the ladder at the end of the bed (since the designated spot is along the side). They may be a bit reluctant at first, but if you make it clear that you know the 3rd person will need to climb on the queen bed to get to the upper bunk, they should do it. Depending on the room configuration, you can then put the ladder at the end of the bed yourself each evening after turndown service.

Attached is a photo of how the queen looks with the 3rd bunk above it. This is from the Crown in a category K cabin on Plaza deck.

671738149_IMG_5841(427x640).jpg.355d244f3ca0bb8a1d59e777466dfa01.jpg

Thanks for all the responses. I thought this is what I remembered but just had zero luck in finding much with a search.

I will now turn this over to my TA and see what kind of magic she can work for what I would like as an outcome.

I agree with the thought that it would be easy to do this onboard with Stewart in attendance. ;)

Archived