How do you get a response from Azamara Customer Service?

spuds

We recently returned from our 1st Azamara Cruise - cruise was good, as with everything there are alway pros and cons. However, we did have an experience that I e-mailed Customer Service about over a week ago and I have still not received a response.

We had booked a Deluxe Verandah Cabin at the Aft of the Ship (we have enjoyed Aft cabins on other cruise lines) and we did not realize how small the washroom was going to be. I won't get into much detail about our experience but the 2nd day of our cruise we went to Guest Relations to see if we could upgrade (at a cost) to a larger room with a larger washroom. The only option was a Suite, at an upgrade cost of 160.00/night. I thought that was a bit high - it would be 2080.00 for the remainder of the cruise but we decided to proceed as we had 13 nights left and we felt we would be more comfortable.

When we returned home I found the printouts of the cost differential between the Suite we upgraded to and what our Deluxe Cabin Verandah suite was and for the 14 day cruise it was a total difference of 1200.00. So we were being charged an extra 880.00 to what the 'book' price was. I e-mailed Azamara as I wanted an explanation why we were charged such a high upgrade amount. The cruise was not full, so there was no 'demand' for the Suite (the Suite next to us was empty). I understand it's a business but I truly feel like we were taken advantage of. It's not like we were asking for an upgrade for free... we just wanted fair.

Will this stop us from cruising Azamara again? It might, as it does leave a bad taste in the mouth... especially since I am not receiving any response from Azamara Customer Service. Which is unfortunate, as for the most part we did did enjoy the cruise and the size of the ship.

When I tried to book a single cabin on one of the Azamara ships recently - the rate was 2.5 x the double occupancy rate......

We sailed on Azamara Journey & enjoyed it tho it wasn't quite advertised......tired ship, haphazard service...we still thought we would give it another try.....

We booked w/ Oceania instead.....

These cruise lines / RCCL, Celebrity & Azamara have business plans much akin to the mob!

We won't be back!

When I tried to book a single cabin on one of the Azamara ships recently - the rate was 2.5 x the double occupancy rate......

We sailed on Azamara Journey & enjoyed it tho it wasn't quite advertised......tired ship, haphazard service...we still thought we would give it another try.....

We booked w/ Oceania instead.....

These cruise lines / RCCL, Celebrity & Azamara have business plans much akin to the mob!

We won't be back!

Given the consistently negative postings you've made on the Azamara board, I am not in the least surprised--and, what's more, not in the least disappointed--to read this.

We recently returned from our 1st Azamara Cruise - cruise was good, as with everything there are alway pros and cons. However, we did have an experience that I e-mailed Customer Service about over a week ago and I have still not received a response. ....

Will this stop us from cruising Azamara again? It might, as it does leave a bad taste in the mouth... especially since I am not receiving any response from Azamara Customer Service. Which is unfortunate, as for the most part we did did enjoy the cruise and the size of the ship.

Hello Spuds -

I'm sorry that you have not yet heard back from the post-cruise customer service team.

Please send your request about this situation to our pre-cruise reservations service center: AzamaraCustomerService@AzamaraClubCruises.com so that it can be forwarded to the post-cruise customer service unit. Sometimes there are computer issues which prevent incoming emails into the post-cruise system.

In the meantime, I will advise our reservation manager to expect your request. Please be sure to include your Cruise Critic name ("spuds") in the subject line.

Thank you for making this extra effort.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks Bill,

That is the address I sent my initial e-mail to (I dug it up from a previous post). I have re-sent my e-mail and put 'Spuds' in my title.

I will give it another week and let you know if I hear something.

Thanks again!

We recently returned from our 1st Azamara Cruise - cruise was good, as with everything there are alway pros and cons. However, we did have an experience that I e-mailed Customer Service about over a week ago and I have still not received a response.

We had booked a Deluxe Verandah Cabin at the Aft of the Ship (we have enjoyed Aft cabins on other cruise lines) and we did not realize how small the washroom was going to be. I won't get into much detail about our experience but the 2nd day of our cruise we went to Guest Relations to see if we could upgrade (at a cost) to a larger room with a larger washroom. The only option was a Suite, at an upgrade cost of 160.00/night. I thought that was a bit high - it would be 2080.00 for the remainder of the cruise but we decided to proceed as we had 13 nights left and we felt we would be more comfortable.

When we returned home I found the printouts of the cost differential between the Suite we upgraded to and what our Deluxe Cabin Verandah suite was and for the 14 day cruise it was a total difference of 1200.00. So we were being charged an extra 880.00 to what the 'book' price was. I e-mailed Azamara as I wanted an explanation why we were charged such a high upgrade amount. The cruise was not full, so there was no 'demand' for the Suite (the Suite next to us was empty). I understand it's a business but I truly feel like we were taken advantage of. It's not like we were asking for an upgrade for free... we just wanted fair.

Are you sure the 14 day cruise suite cost difference of $1,200 was not 'per person' - and the on-board upgrade for two $2,080, i.e. $1,040 each?

Positive - I have printouts of all the pricing - the "Stateroom Total" difference between N2 and VX was 1200.00 and the "Per Person Total" difference was 600.00.

Plus, even if I had made a mistake and it was "per person" - I think I should have received that explanation from Azamara Customer Service Management as that is what I asked for in the e-mail "an explanation".

To the OP:

I am sorry about your problems with shore-side Azamara, but this issue is not new!

If you search the Azamara board and rollcalls, you will find some very revealing evidence of this ongoing issue with Azamara.

I was considering Azamara, but happened upon numerous posts about issues with the 'office'. I combed the boards, and found too many posts to count regarding unhappiness with Azamara in this respect.

Of course you will also read about the "onboard experience" being worth the aggrevation. I guess every person has their own agenda, but I can't see paying for a 5-star cruise and having shoreside be so chaotic.

I have taken my business elsewhere.

Best of luck in getting your issue resolved.

Just wanted to send a quick note to let you know that I did finally receive a response from Guest Relations.

Basically, once the ship starts sailing they have a grid of prices for upgrades on the staterooms and that is what they go by... it does not matter whether you were in the lowest balcony cabin to the highest suite (ie V3 to N1)... you would pay the same upgrade cost as if you were going to highest balcony suite to the lowest suite (ie VX to N2), like we did. That is how it is structured. I did not give them a hard time, I accepted the explanation, I was not 100% happy with it... however an explanation is what I wanted and that is what I got.

Interesting that they appear to have no flexibility on board as it is obvious that when ship has sailed then ANYTHING they get would be extra profit.

I suppose it would stop (with my auditors hat on) you slipping the guest services $100 dollars and getting a deal but everything always has to be referred to Miami.

When I was refused shareholder credit despite having

A: Copy of email from Miami confirming this

B: Copy of my share certificate

C: 3 meetings with hotel director

It was not until day 9 that Hotel director authorised this of this own bat.

On leaving ship he confirmed that he still had not had authorisation from Miami.

Archived