Tea and coffee of Pacific Dawn

Wattle

Have read varying reports on coffee and tea on board. I know you have to,pay for speciality coffees, but what is the 'free' coffee and tea like? If it is bad can you just get boiling water and provide your own instant coffee and tea bags?

Have read varying reports on coffee and tea on board. I know you have to,pay for speciality coffees, but what is the 'free' coffee and tea like? If it is bad can you just get boiling water and provide your own instant coffee and tea bags?

There are the normal Lipton tea bags in the buffet - quite a range available. We find the coffee quite OK, but only fill the cup two-thirds full and add boiling water. In the dining room, tea is usually served in a silver teapot. I wouldn't bother taking your own instant coffee and tea bags unless you are incredibly particular.:D

• 3 weeks later...

I have my own coffee machine at home so I am very fussy with my coffee. In saying that I found the coffee in the buffet out of the automatic machine drinkable and served the purpose for the length of my cruise, but I did add the fresh milk from where you get your cereals from instead of the little squeezy things. I tried the specialty coffees a couple of times not bad for strength but they use the carton milk which I spoilt the taste for me. In the dining room it was ok more like percolated coffee. I reckon the first couple don't go down that well but then you get used to the taste and its ok:)

if you like your coffee buy one of the nespresso machines with a carry case, we take ours when we are away for a week or more.

Do they let you take coffee machines onboard and use them in your cabin?

can't see why they wouldn't let u take one onboard.

Thanks Martin

I was thinking that since they don't want people taking electrical applicances onboard, like travel irons, hair dryers etc, that it would be placed in that category .... appliances which develop heat could be a possible source of fire.

While 99.9% of people act very responsibly, there's always a chance of an accident I guess.

Small accidents can develop into catastrophes very quickly at sea.

Cheers

John

Did you think of taking a coffee plunger? - plenty of hot water available in buffet at anytime and can buy the coffee that you prefer before you leave. We haven't done it, but are giving it thought for our next cruise in November. It might not be Starbucks, but sure better than Nescafe Instant - not that I'm into Starbucks either!

Archived