Grill always closed ?

KevinsCruising

I do not know why NCL does not open the grill at the sky high bar on the Jewel. We use to love sitting up there and enjoying a drink then just turn around and order some french fries or a burger. Yes, I know you can get food on the pool level but it was so convenient. Even when we sailed on the Gem it was hardly open but my last cruise on the Jewel on April 7th, it was closed for the entire cruise. :mad:

I do not know why NCL does not open the grill at the sky high bar on the Jewel. We use to love sitting up there and enjoying a drink then just turn around and order some french fries or a burger. Yes, I know you can get food on the pool level but it was so convenient. Even when we sailed on the Gem it was hardly open but my last cruise on the Jewel on April 7th, it was closed for the entire cruise. :mad:

AGREED !! Missed it on the Gem and the Jewel January and April.

I'm going to guess that NCL took a look how much the grill was actually used, considering how much other food opportunities are so near by, and it was just not considered a good use of resources. I think I might agree with that.

Wasn't opened ever on our 2010 or 2011 cruises on the spirit and dawn. These were 15 night and 11night cruises. It is a shame. We loved it on our 2009 cruise. I also noticed there is never anything by the pool after 4 pm anymore. That was a huge disappointment. On the spirit in 2009 the pool area was always hopping until at least 10:30 pm. As my mom said " oh what fun!!!"

The description on the NCL website for the Bimini Bar and Grill on the Dawn still says that they have food. That is the bar on deck 14, forward and above the tiered sun loungers.

If it has not had food for several years, then NCL should change the description.

here is what it says now:

This colorful beach bar brings you the feel of the islands and the laid-back atmosphere that is just like being on Bimini Beach with a Margarita in your hand. Located poolside at the Oasis Pool is Bimini Bar & Grill. Enjoy a burger, pizza and more grilled items. Then stop by Sprinkles Ice Cream Bar.

Archived